| NEWS Report: Alabama is working toward a deal to play Florida State at a neutral site in 2025. - 247Sports

That was obviously going to happen when Orlando and Atlanta could come up with no better opposition than Louisville and Duke.
In the thread where Saban is discussing the schedule he makes the point of the administration's attempts to schedule two P5 teams per season and how little success they've had doing so.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see neutral site games continue. In my view the odd years are set up so they could schedule two. IE: An ACC opponent in ATL and Wisconsin at home in week three...or something similar.

In the thread where Saban is discussing the schedule he makes the point of the administration's attempts to schedule two P5 teams per season and how little success they've had doing so.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see neutral site games continue. In my view the odd years are set up so they could schedule two. IE: An ACC opponent in ATL and Wisconsin at home in week three...or something similar.

I wonder in efforts of getting folks to schedule us if we were pretty much forced to go play the Away game first in the home and homes?

@BamaFan334, I'm more inclined to think once the first one or two series were set up they tried to maintain a pattern of home years and away years. It very well may have come into play when they scheduled Texas. Interesting thought.

I thought the same thing when I saw that comment. Especially if the kickoff games can't schedule better opposition.

@BamaFan334, I'm more inclined to think once the first one or two series were set up they tried to maintain a pattern of home years and away years. It very well may have come into play when they scheduled Texas. Interesting thought.

^^^this^^^ Bama has always preferred the Home game first, but they haven't been adamant about it. Trust they have some hefty buyout clauses for the return Home games because I expect to see some of that. Has been the MO for many schools in the past.

I wouldn't be surprised if the neutral site organizers don't try to sway schools to move non-opening games to their venues. If it pays more than a home game, why couldn't UGA-FL, UGA-GA Tech, UGA-Alabama, LSU-FL or similar games be played in the Mercedes Dome?

What would be the advantage of who goes first?

I would think the initial matchup is going to make the most cash. You think if we played USC in Los Angeles the first time it would have been out of this world exciting. Yet, after that ass whooping, you think the second game in Tuscaloosa would have brought as much clout and media dollars? I think it builds more money for a university to get the game first rather than second. I'm also not sure if many schools want to visit Tuscaloosa. There are others on this thread that would know more about that than me, but not a lot of people want to pay the money to come and watch their team most likely get their ass kicked. Texas A&M was pretty cool that first year, and they got us, but that's all I can really speak too since Neutral Site is mainly what we've had.

I wouldn't be surprised if the neutral site organizers don't try to sway schools to move non-opening games to their venues. If it pays more than a home game, why couldn't UGA-FL, UGA-GA Tech, UGA-Alabama, LSU-FL or similar games be played in the Mercedes Dome?
An interesting thought. I've never looked at the agreement Arkansas and A&M have in Arlington. I've seen details around things like recruiting visits, etc.

How many millions would the Mercedes Dome have to cough up to grab a home game away from one of the SEC schools? In Bama's case, I'd think we'd be looking at six million plus.

But would the season ticket holders get the tickets or would it be the same typical corporate BS we are seeing now? Remember, the season ticket holders wanted the home games so we could actually get the tickets and go rather than see Western Kentucky and Coastal Carolina the first game of the year. At some point money will need to be second thought after taking care of the fans. It's no surprise Alabama fans and even college football fans are getting more and more pissed off about the almighty dollar being #1, so you are seeing these home and homes scheduled to appease us.

An interesting thought. I've never looked at the agreement Arkansas and A&M have in Arlington. I've seen details around things like recruiting visits, etc.

How many millions would the Mercedes Dome have to cough up to grab a home game away from one of the SEC schools? In Bama's case, I'd think we'd be looking at six million plus.

Actually the trend is in the other direction because of recruiting. UGA (read Kirby Smart) is hell bent on moving the WLOCP to H/H.

Has Arkansas won one of these games at JerryWorld yet? If the Razorbacks are doing it for recruiting purposes they are doing it wrong.

I would think the initial matchup is going to make the most cash. You think if we played USC in Los Angeles the first time it would have been out of this world exciting. Yet, after that ass whooping, you think the second game in Tuscaloosa would have brought as much clout and media dollars? I think it builds more money for a university to get the game first rather than second. I'm also not sure if many schools want to visit Tuscaloosa. There are others on this thread that would know more about that than me, but not a lot of people want to pay the money to come and watch their team most likely get their ass kicked. Texas A&M was pretty cool that first year, and they got us, but that's all I can really speak too since Neutral Site is mainly what we've had.

The home teams control the gate. If we put a good whipping on Wisconsin in their house, so what? Alabama fans are traveling to the rematch. ESPN will be there and so will all the football fans who always watch Bama games to root for and against.

I think the reality is that OOC and SEC power 5 teams in these home and home will see the same excitement and response as SEC teams we play every year. Every year, hope springs forth eternal, you know?

I've never heard of that happening in power 5. I've heard of Alabama buying out Michigan State or Michigan buying out Arkansas before they play either game. Are there some examples out there of power 5 teams doing this to each other?

Granted the recent trend has been to buyout the entire series and when or if it happens it doesn't get much ink. I don't even know how to research it. I may be wrong.

FWIW, I remember Alabama buying out of a game. Bama played SMU in B'ham in 1976 and was supposed to play there in '77. That game was bought out with Coach Bryant saying, "I'm not taking my team to play in front of 28K people".

Back
Top Bottom