| CURRENT EVENTS Reminder: Today is Tuesday, Nov 8. Get up, get out, vote.

Got back a little while ago from voting. There were actually more people there than there were 2 years ago. Granted back then we went early in the morning to beat the crowd (which it's ALWAYS crowded around lunch time and after dinner). But this year we went a little later because I needed to sleep in a bit (I didn't sleep worth a damn the night before).

But we got 'er done.

You just want to throw your hands up in the air after the results last night Our economy is struggling mightily, soaring crime in democrat controlled cities, businesses leaving blue states, gas prices, illegal immigrant issues. The list goes on and on. I was expecting much better results.

You just want to throw your hands up in the air after the results last night Our economy is struggling mightily, soaring crime in democrat controlled cities, businesses leaving blue states, gas prices, illegal immigrant issues. The list goes on and on. I was expecting much better results.
The problem is that most of the folks running on the Republican side for Congress presented very little in the way of solutions to any of those problems. Every commercial, flyer, etc that I saw for Republican candidates running in my area basically said the Democrats caused this so vote against them. Not always a winning decision.

The problem is that most of the folks running on the Republican side for Congress presented very little in the way of solutions to any of those problems. Every commercial, flyer, etc that I saw for Republican candidates running in my area basically said the Democrats caused this so vote against them. Not always a winning decision.
Correct. Don’t tell me what’s wrong (I can see what’s wrong) - tell me how you will fix it.
Applies to other areas, not just politics.

My 19 yr old daughter and I voted last night. Super proud that even she knew our candidate was never going to win based on how the state we live in votes she smiled and proudly voted and had researched all the candidates

I don’t think either side is interested in solutions, they just go back and forth about who’s ruining shit

Think the biggest surprise to me is Boebert in Colorado as of today is losing in a predominantly red district
She's only down by 3500 votes with only 90% reporting. Puebla and Mesa are 71% and 93% done and she may pick up 6-10,000 more votes than her opponent in those. This was a statistical tie in polls going into yesterday so it isn't a surprise that it will be close. She is not as popular as some would believe and in mid-terms it requires popularity.

You are correct. For the most part, politicians are garbage I'm general

One thing to remember in all of this is that the Democrats played very hard and loose with the primaries. They purposefully voted in bad faith for Republicans they thought would be easier to beat in many races instead of voting in their own primary. They also purposefully answered polls wrong. How do I know this? I know someone involved in it around here and we talked about it quite a bit. Not illegal since they voted in only one primary and polls are not under oath, but definitely unethical. It happens every election, but this year was coordinated. What does that mean? The polls are wrong on purpose and the strategy worked if they keep control of at least one house of Congress. Expect a lot more of that in 2024, especially if Biden runs again since they will have nobody on the Democratic side running in the primaries.

Back
Top Bottom