Quotes That You Like

alabama mike

Just Win Baby!
I collect quotes and famous sayings, have for years. Please share with us quotes that mean something to you or that you just like.

Good, better, and best never let it rest until the good is better and the better is best. Ernie Banks @ his Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride – and never quit – you’ll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards. - the Bear

This quote has always, always spoken to me.

From the Movie Pursuit of Happiness
Hey. Don't ever let somebody tell you you can't do something. Not even me. All right?
All right
You got a dream. You gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.

"In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.

I simply can’t build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery, and death. I see the world gradually being turned into a wilderness, I hear the ever approaching thunder, which will destroy us too, I can feel the sufferings of millions and yet, if I look up into the heavens, I think that it will all come right, that this cruelty too will end, and that peace and tranquility will return again."

- Anne Frank

One man doesn't make a team. It takes Eleven. - Coach Bryant

This one made me laugh the other day: “When you are dead, you don’t know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.” -Unknown

• Hardest lesson in life to learn is which bridge to cross and which bridge to burn.
  • You never stay the same, you only get better or worse.
  • Inch by inch, everything is a cinch.

I love to a good discussion...so these two have been pretty invaluable to me. I'm passionate about a lot of things, so these keep me grounded in some discussions.
  • Don't argue with idiots, people might confuse you with one.
  • Never argue with stupid people, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

" Times are changing. Now people are taking comedians seriously, and politicians as a joke.''

If I attributed this to John Stewart no one would question it, but actually it is from Will Rogers many years ago. If you want to get a few chuckles and get enlightened as well, googol Will Rogers quotes or Mark Twain quotes.

A couple of my favorites from Mark Twain;

There is no native American criminal class, except for congress.

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lives, and statistics.
'

Back
Top Bottom