| FTBL quick question

G

sorry this is not bama related, but i was just curious what happened over at auburn with deron furr? just heard a couple things about him getting into a fight or something. isnt this the 2nd one so far? does anyone know what happened? sorry for bringing up aubie stuff over here, just heard something on the radio.

bamafan said:
sorry this is not bama related, but i was just curious what happened over at auburn with deron furr? just heard a couple things about him getting into a fight or something. isnt this the 2nd one so far? does anyone know what happened? sorry for bringing up aubie stuff over here, just heard something on the radio.

He got into a fist fight the other day in practice. AU news outlets reported that he missed practice the next day as well, though he was not held out by Tubberville. Furr's father sighted that his son was studying instead of attending practice.

having said all that, there are rumors that Furr is talking about leaving AU for FSU. Again, this is just something I ran across earlier today and can't confirm the validity. All in all however, I don't think everyone is happy on the loveliest little village on the plains right now.

porkchop said:
bamafan said:

He got into a fist fight the other day in practice. AU news outlets reported that he missed practice the next day as well, though he was not held out by Tubberville. Furr's father sighted that his son was studying instead of attending practice.

having said all that, there are rumors that Furr is talking about leaving AU for FSU. Again, this is just something I ran across earlier today and can't confirm the validity. All in all however, I don't think everyone is happy on the loveliest little village on the plains right now.

I can tell you first hand...it is very very quiet in Aubrun...even my friends have started avoiding me on football related issues lol

Kc said:
I can tell you first hand...it is very very quiet in Aubrun...even my friends have started avoiding me on football related issues lol

The poster that said fight....conflicting stories, etc. is right according to what I have seen. I would assume the "fight" was not that big of a deal being August practice and 95 degrees outside. Fisticuffs at practice tend to happen this time of year as I'm sure everyone knows.

The part about him AWOL is what nobody knows about. May be academic. May be personal. You guys have about the same information that's on the AU boards to be honest.

It does not seem like a big time story to me, but we are all so football-hungry this time of year that everything gets blown up.

circledrill said:
Kc said:

The poster that said fight....conflicting stories, etc. is right according to what I have seen. I would assume the "fight" was not that big of a deal being August practice and 95 degrees outside. Fisticuffs at practice tend to happen this time of year as I'm sure everyone knows.

The part about him AWOL is what nobody knows about. May be academic. May be personal. You guys have about the same information that's on the AU boards to be honest.

It does not seem like a big time story to me, but we are all so football-hungry this time of year that everything gets blown up.

not being ugly, but what if the tables were turned and this was julio jones that had gotten into a fight (or fisticuffs)? i think east central alabama would be making it a big time story along with the talking heads. again, not being ugly, just bringing up a point. :wink:

bamafan said:
circledrill said:
Kc said:

not being ugly, but what if the tables were turned and this was julio jones that had gotten into a fight (or fisticuffs)? i think east central alabama would be making it a big time story along with the talking heads. again, not being ugly, just bringing up a point. :wink:

There would be a bazillion threads, reports on how Alabama is a thug school, it was gang/drug related and my phone would be ringing constantly...that would be difference, because the Aubies want to rub it in.

circledrill said:
Kc said:

I was one of the posters that mentioned fight, but I also heard he was basically jumped. I chose to give you guys the more positive spin. :D

Don't thank me, just owe me.

Sounds like a done deal from what I've heard. Furr is gone. Has withdrawn from AU.

Furr's dad says that he'll sign a letter of withdrawal tomarrow (Wednesday) morning.

Back
Top Bottom