| FTBL Question to all living in Georgia

They have their own plate here because of all of the freakin' barn fans that live here! I can't drive anywhere without seeing one of those ugly AU tags on the back of a car. I honestly believe that there are more Auburn fans living here than GA Tech and Bulldog fans combined. It may be different in south Ga, or around Athens, but everywhere west of Atlanta is Auburn territory.

I don't understand it. I moved here from Alabama, so of course I'm still a bama fan, but there are so many people that were born and raised here in Georgia as Auburn fans!!!

The bama fans are starting to come out of the woodwork now that we have Saban, so hofefully we'll get our own tag soon.

I know that the tag isn't actually for Auburn University, but rather the "Auburn Club" I'm not sure what that is, but I hope that they're learning to color in the lines. Anyway, there has to be some sort of club or foundation for us to get together and get our own plate. I mean my gosh.

Porterhouse said:
Some of the other GA residents will have better info than me, but I think the Atlanta Chapter of the UA alumni would be the folks to contact. If anyone has info about a possible BAMA plate in the future, I'm sure it would be them.

http://www.atlabama.com/alumni/index.php
I can't remember how many signatures it requires to get the ball rolling on this, but I would love to get something going with the ATL UA Alums!

I see the AU tags ALL over my county and need something in return for them!

Isn't Auburn in Southwest Georgia?

Just kidding :lol:

I have actually never ever seen one of those plates around here, so it must be mostly an Atlanta thing. In fact, I've never seen one here, Albany, Brunswick, Cordele or anywhere in Georgia. I was really surprised to see that we even had a tag like that.

I live outside Atlanta, and they are EVERYWHERE!!! I wonder if the petition needs to be signed by GA residents, or just 1,000 sigs? They recently added the ATL Braves Foundation and the ATL Falcons foundation, which I understand. But really, Auburn? Bigger than Tenn, or Florida? I know that there are alot of Auburn fans, but there are just as many Florida fans here in Georgia. My point is that they must have gotten organized and done something about it. I know that not everyone on this board is from or lives in Georgia, but as Bama fans, we can't let Auburn have the only out of state school license plate. I really wouldn't care as much if it were Duke, or FSU. But, I think it would send a great message if we could push for this as a fan base not just in Georgia, but nationwide to send a message to The Barn that we are back and we are taking our respect back one license plate at a time!!!
;flame *barner

Sauce said:
I live outside Atlanta, and they are EVERYWHERE!!! I wonder if the petition needs to be signed by GA residents, or just 1,000 sigs? They recently added the ATL Braves Foundation and the ATL Falcons foundation, which I understand. But really, Auburn? Bigger than Tenn, or Florida? I know that there are alot of Auburn fans, but there are just as many Florida fans here in Georgia. My point is that they must have gotten organized and done something about it. I know that not everyone on this board is from or lives in Georgia, but as Bama fans, we can't let Auburn have the only out of state school license plate. I really wouldn't care as much if it were Duke, or FSU. But, I think it would send a great message if we could push for this as a fan base not just in Georgia, but nationwide to send a message to The Barn that we are back and we are taking our respect back one license plate at a time!!!
;flame *barner

The Greater Atlanta Auburn Club is extremely well organized. Whoever rallied the tag cause spent countless hours. It was a great e-mail campaign.

While I don't disagree with the number of Florida or UT fans here they're obviously not as organized. To be honest I see as many UT and FL as anything. Seriously my kids' elementary school was like Gator Zone the day after the NC game. :roll:

To sign the tag "petition" you have to be a GA resident. You don't have to promise to buy a tag, but you have to be a resident.

I read an article recently that stated there are more AU tags here in GA than GA Tech. AU is 2nd only behind UGA. :shock: If I was a techie I'd be furious. You have to realize there is a big AU wave right now and will be as long as they're successful. Funny thing is most Dawgs I know can't stand the aubies....absolutely can't stand 'em.

Atlanta_Tider said:
BamaDelta said:
Thanks for doing that J! If I remember correctly you have to have 1000 signatures to even get the ball rolling.
1000 applicants! I have 20 people minimal around here that I know will get in on this!

The threshold just increased from 500 to 1,000. FSU is getting ready to make a second run at their tags at http://www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/FTA/cpages/home.jsp?chapter=1&org=FTA

The aubrun tags are all over the place around Atlanta. It is even more distasteful than all the yankees. Since aubrun is a Georgia school, they seem to have a distinct advantage over here.

There was an article in the AJC within the last four months or so that mentioned the "aubrun club" tags were one of the most popular specialty tags after the uga tags. The article also explained that it was not affiliated with aubrun (they get no money from it - it all goes to the Georgia State Treasury).

Speaking of aubrun stuff, I had to a make a trip to Town Center Mall last Friday. While there, I dropped by one of the sports shops there and actually saw a framed snippet from Navid Nousel's Barner Manifesto. Amazing.

RTR,

Tim

Columbus is ate up with the barners. Not surprising since OpyLika is spitting distance from here. Still, I see many more BAMA stickers than you would think. I think the GA tag would be a slam dunk if someone was committed to organizing it.

I'd be willing to sign that petition. I wonder how many Georgia residents we have one here that would be willing to sign it. It would at least be a start!

Can we mail in a sig or do something electronically? Or does it have to be something that we would physically have to sign?

You may want to look at the FSU link I posted to get some ideas about how to get a tag. They're requiring checks with each name. An acquaintance of mine got an Appalachian Trail tag for NC and it required confirmed purchases before it went into production.

RTR,

Tim

Sign me up, I see plenty of Alabama fans around my home in Newnan. We were looking at houses a few weeks ago, and drove into one neighborhood that had 3 or 4 Alabama flags waving from their front porch.

Honestly, I don't know where all of the Georgia fans live, they aren't in the Atlanta metro area, this is all Auburn and Tennessee country around here! If I were a Georgia fan, I would be embarassed of how little of a fanbase they have here in this area.

moreno_iv said:
I'd be willing to sign that petition. I wonder how many Georgia residents we have one here that would be willing to sign it. It would at least be a start!

Can we mail in a sig or do something electronically? Or does it have to be something that we would physically have to sign?

It has to be a very organized campaign.` I have no idea how one would even go about it. You would need an extensive e-mail list to start. Maybe Johnny will get a reply from the Atlanta Alabama Alumni president, and we can go from there. :)

Back
Top Bottom