| FTBL Question for Those Who Were at the Game

BamaGirlinNortheastGA said:
I am very proud of our win yesterday, however we do have quite a road in front of us, especially when it comes to playing in our division. So my question for those who were at the game, what are our vulnerable spots? Where do we need to most work or improvement?

RTR

BGNNEGA

Being more physical along the defensive front, not blowing coverages in the secondary. Tackling was pretty good yesterday but it will be harder against folks like Arky. The D is going to give up some big plays and long drives. Hopefully, the offense can counteract them though.

On offense, JPW seems a bit "off" in the redzone. At times, he's probably just trowing the ball away, but it also looked like he was pressing/rushing things a little bit.

Obviously, after yesterday the FG kicking is a bit of a concern. Tiffin seems to have trouble transferring his success from practice/scrimmages into games.

I wasn't at the game but I did watch it on PPV...

I concur with Porter about the concerns he listed. Of those concerns my biggest is being able to stop the run... It is just too hard to gauge how well the D did against WCU. However, the biggest plays they had against us were passes over the middle w/ tackles being missed. That isn't run related but those plays were usually made bigger by some missed tackles.

I'm looking forward to seeing Prince Hall back in making plays seeing how he was one of the leading tacklers on last years team. He should help in the mix.

Also, the O has to make sure that they manage the ball well so that if our D gives up TD's after long drives they will need the rest & adjustments before getting back on the field.

Porterhouse said:
Being more physical along the defensive front, not blowing coverages in the secondary. Tackling was pretty good yesterday but it will be harder against folks like Arky. The D is going to give up some big plays and long drives. Hopefully, the offense can counteract them though.

I feel the same way, Porter. I just hope the D can somehow eliminate giving up the big plays on those 3rd and 19 type situations that have seemed to plague us in recent years.

I was at the game

It seemed to me like we weren't getting as much penetration into the backfield as I expected from our D Line. Also I expected at lease one interception. Overall we looked pretty good, but I say that with guarded optimism...I mean we played a bad Western Carolina team.

I'd say that the most immediate effect of Saban's coaching was on the conditioning front. Our players never once looked tired. My biggest concern was for the FG kicking game. I really want Leigh Tiffin to do well. I'm rooting for him with all the positive energy I can just like Saban told us fans to do. But if he can't produce...

Back
Top Bottom