| FTBL question about jersey numbers

BamaSteel

I have been a Tide fan for 40 plus years and I can't remember ever having players with the same numbers. I know we have 2 matching numbers this year. The number 8 and the number 4. We may have done this before but I just don't remember it.

I look at it like this, if Coach Saban is ok with it...so am I. He wasn't going to let a jersey number keep top notch athletes from coming to Alabama, so I say let them have what they want. :wink:

Duplicate numbers for the 2008 team:

#4 Maze / Barron
#5 Upchurch / Harris
#8 Jones / Rogers
#13 Reamer / Ezell
#15 Hanks / Lawrence
#45 Snider / Higgenbotham
#57 Pounds / Dareus
#87 Bullard / Underwood
#97 Fitzgerald / Washington
#98 Thomas / Fanney
#99 Tiffin / Chapman

It really screwed me up with setting up my roster on NCAA 09 lol. But it's all built up correctly now :D. Roster info was taken from rolltide.com.

BAMA JAMMA said:
Duplicate numbers for the 2008 team:

It really screwed me up with setting up my roster on NCAA 09 lol. But it's all built up correctly now :D

how'd you do it? I got the same problem on my game and can't figure out how to fix it since it won't let you create players that have the same number.

Crimsonblood82 said:
how'd you do it? I got the same problem on my game and can't figure out how to fix it since it won't let you create players that have the same number.

I ran into the same problem. And then I noticed they had the wrong numbers for some of the positions since I suppose we made adjustments to our roster/player positions prior to the game being finalized. You'll have to dig thru the different positions screen and check to make sure the numbers are correct with the current Bama roster. I got mine from rolltide.com.

I read a story on Al.com that said Saban had promised certain numbers to players as a recruiting too and that it was ok as long as they are not on the field at the same time. Personally, I would rather have my own number if I could and if I remember correctly, there are some numbers that are still not being used.

Back
Top Bottom