| FTBL Pugh and his chop blocks

I don't really care about the technical stuff. It was clearly....clearly an attempt to injure the Alabama player.

The quarterback was 10 yards away and the Alabama player was looking the other direction.

Cheap shot.

The SEC refs are just atrocious. Every game I have watched this year, not just Bama games, I have seen the refs ignoring blatant acts of holding. I noticed them because they took place right beside the QB who had the ball. After watching these vids, apparently there is alot more they are missing. What that Aubie is doing can cripple people. Is he the guy that chopped Dorsey last year?

Thats just disgusting. The SEC needs to crack down hard on this.

Its a dirty play. But the SEC will not assign suspensions unless someone gets hurts and then it gets out of hand or the player did it a violent way. That was not a violent way. (And lets not start on wither it was or not.) You are right though. After every game the game film is reviewed with all the officials and the SEC office and supervisors and they will discuss this and other calls or no calls. But no actions will come from this.

If we honestly think that they will suspend players for that then we have to think they will for every "serious" call that was or wasn't called. EX. "horse-collar" and every helmet to helmet contact that happens during in a game, thats just as dangerous and its still a 15 yard flag.

Aslo im sure that im going to get crap for this. But its proven fact if you get beat you take the chance on getting a flag to help your team mate. It could have been dirty but there are some plays (maybe not in this game) that our players have done it. I just think that its just football. Football is a dangerous sport. And you have to do whatever it takes to win and get that extra yard.

cjaytch said:
The SEC refs are just atrocious.

I attached the NCAA test. I have the answers. Answer it. Email it to me. And i will see just how much you do (or DONT) know that rules. To be qualified for the SEC you have to get a 85 on the test. Then you have to take the SEC test.

THIS IS THE TEST

I just think its funny that you guys think that they suck. You have never done it. Once you have done it. Then you can say they suck. But once you have done that you will never say that they suck because you will know why it happened!

Please....that the test!

Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts. But try to walk in a mans show for a mile before you say they suck.

the_rolltide said:
cjaytch said:

I attached the NCAA test. I have the answers. Answer it. Email it to me. And i will see just how much you do (or DONT) know that rules. To be qualified for the SEC you have to get a 85 on the test. Then you have to take the SEC test.

THIS IS THE TEST

I just think its funny that you guys think that they suck. You have never done it. Once you have done it. Then you can say they suck. But once you have done that you will never say that they suck because you will know why it happened!

Please....that the test!

Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts. But try to walk in a mans show for a mile before you say they suck.
Anytime we criticize the refs, you come in on your high horse with your "you're not a referee, I am and I'm smarter than you" bs. Give it a rest.

the_rolltide said:
cjaytch said:

THIS IS THE TEST

Please....that the test!

I never said they dont know the rules. I said the miss calls ALOT. I could see them missing Pugh's clipping because they were focused on the QB who was far away from the clip. But the holding stuff on pass plays that I have seen is pretty blatant. Im sure they know the rules quite well as Im sure you know the better than me. Maybe its an eye exam they need. Or at least some consistency would be nice. For the record, I think they get alot of their calls right on plays. Its much better now that we have instant review. But penalty wise,they are still off. Perhaps an instant review on penalties would be nice.

Perhaps you could answer for me. What is the review process for these officials? I hear about coaching filing complaints only to hear "the offical followed the rules" or whatever the official line is. I dont think ive ever heard an organization say publicly "yeah the ref blew that one".

As to the clipping and chop blocking, both of these are illegal and dangerous to the victim. Shouldn't there be some review process in place to identify players that do this and penalize them personally? i understand that you are an official, but you cant honestly tell me that as a fan, bad or inconsistent penalty calls don't make you mad. Can you honestly tell me there aren't SEC officials who just stink?

weezyfbaby00 said:
the_rolltide said:
cjaytch said:

THIS IS THE TEST

Please....that the test!

Anytime we criticize the refs, you come in on your high horse with your "you're not a referee, I am and I'm smarter than you" bs. Give it a rest.

I kind of agree, out of 1000 referees in the NCAA some of them are going to suck. :lol:

Porter said:
the_rolltide said:
Just a side note.
1. A Chop block invloves two players on team A engaging on one of Team B players. One goes hi and one goes low.
2. A block below the waist involves one player on team a vs one player on team b. You cant have a chop block with only one person. .
Also remember that they can get that first "surge" into the player. So they can go hi and low (chop block) on the team if its the first move on the player.
Im not saying that in the game it happened or not, because it did. But it wasnt a chop block it was a block below the waits.

Correct, technically, it wasn't a chop block, but it was a dirty play and and illegal block. Pugh was trying to hurt him, pure and simple. I'm sure his infamous redneck dad was proud though. Probably bought him a case of Old Milwaukee after the game for his efforts.

I agree. It was a dirty play, but was else would you expect from Auburn? They have always played dirty. I'm just glad that they have a big goose egg on the scoreboard at the end of the game. :lol: :lol:
;flame *barner

Back
Top Bottom