| NEWS Pruitt wants his money from the Vols...

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
University general counsel Ryan Stinnett wrote Monday in response to Lyons that UT has no intention of settling and is prepared to defend its actions.

“Your letter contains no denials of your client’s actions,” Stinnett wrote. “Instead, you raise vague and unsupported allegations of other violations by the University and threaten to embarrass the University publicly by revealing these alleged violations.

“The University emphatically denies these allegations and will not be intimidated into settling with your client based on your unsupported assertions.”

Good luck, Pruitt...

Pruitt may be handcuffed if he could/would be implicated by exposing them. Otherwise spill it all Pruitt and nail the Viles to the wall. Bury them even deeper.
So he gets a few million in a settlement, on top of the few million he was paid while being the coach, can’t go back to college so he stays in the pros and makes a few hundred grand per year. How much money does he really need?

So he gets a few million in a settlement, on top of the few million he was paid while being the coach, can’t go back to college so he stays in the pros and makes a few hundred grand per year. How much money does he really need?
Would be all about his long term desires. I suspect he would want to be back in college. To do that he has to have a way to clear his name or at least prove he can be hired in college again. Would have to go the path of smaller schools maybe. His dad was a high school coach in North Alabama at Plainview as I recall so I guess he could always go that path. Probably not what he is looking for. I say all of this to say his personal desires may cause him to hesitate before exposing all. I am also assuming there is something to expose because well it is the Viles.

@mando is right.

It is a balance. If he makes enough money from the settlement that he would never have to work again. Then I think he sinks them. If it is not the lottery type winnings that Ed O was just awarded, then I could see him trying to keep his mouth shut and getting back to college as a DC and make close to 7 figures annually. He has options, it is just a matter of what he wants to do.

Man....when it rains .....it pours
Tennessee cant get out of there own way anymore...
The desire to be "back" ....
This is easily solved...just work something out with "all further disclosures sealed" like they did for Peyton ...in the sexual harassment case....
Everyone wins.....
I can only find one thing that says it all.....

C412635C-8810-48AB-A91B-DA2BC130B672.png
And man...are they crying around here...more bad publicity

Would be all about his long term desires. I suspect he would want to be back in college. To do that he has to have a way to clear his name or at least prove he can be hired in college again. Would have to go the path of smaller schools maybe. His dad was a high school coach in North Alabama at Plainview as I recall so I guess he could always go that path. Probably not what he is looking for. I say all of this to say his personal desires may cause him to hesitate before exposing all. I am also assuming there is something to expose because well it is the Viles.
His future in college may be over. Depending on what he spills, it could definitely be over. No program wants somebody that will do wrong things and especially someone that will blackmail a school to get paid (or even a threat of telling). Just the threat of telling tells future schools to avoid him.

The way I look at it, If he spills info on Tennessee, then he knows his career is over. I think he's calling bluff on Tennessee and I think Tennessee knows they don't want to get into it with him... By being stubborn and forcing Pruitt... In the end, It will play out real bad for Tennessee more than for Pruitt. I think they will settle buyout by Monday. I wouldn't be shocked if they remove Pruitt from the allegations

I very seriously doubt it goes to court. Pruitt and his team almost certainly have a figure in mind that will satisfy them, and I'd imagine they get it, or close to it. Would be in the best interest of both parties for it to be resolved quietly and with signed NDA's, which is why it probably will.

His future in college may be over. Depending on what he spills, it could definitely be over. No program wants somebody that will do wrong things and especially someone that will blackmail a school to get paid (or even a threat of telling). Just the threat of telling tells future schools to avoid him.
This story reminds me a lot of David Beaty and his lawsuit against Kansas. In both situations it was alleged the school "conconted" allegations against the coach in order to get rid of him "with cause." He settled his lawsuit against Kansas about a year ago and is currently coaching at A&M. Within the last week he was removed from the NCAA's case against Kansas.

Reallly..... there are 2 i can think of that could care less.....
And both hired Bruce Pearl

He'll probably get 2/3 of the amount owed, enough to pay his attorney and he'll end up with half what he was originally due. I do think it will come at the cost of keeping him in the NFL for some time, and it's clear any chance he ever had of following Saban is long gone.

Back
Top Bottom