| FTBL PPV individual game vs Gameplan

eshad

Verified Member
I'm trying to determine which will be better. I have not done either in the past, so I'm truly a novice at this. How much do the individual games cost? Looking at the schedule, it looks like 3 games would probably be PPV. Gameplan is $109. If individual games are $30, I'll save $20 going individual. Are the other games you watch on Gameplan worth the extra $20?

As someone that not only loves Bama football but college football in general, I truly believe getting the whole espn gameplan package is worth it. I've had it for the past 2 years and it's great. Since the college season is so short, i want to get as much football as I can and this pretty much fits the bills.

I do gameplan down here when Bama is on it. Its only $20 for the day...or maybe $30. But you get all the games on 3-4 channels. Only thing I don't like is when Bama is like a 6pm kick, it will be blank till 5:59:59, and then come on. Makes me nervous. I have the sports package on our digital cable, so I only have to do Gameplan-PPV once or maybe twice a year. They are always on some other channel the rest of the time.

TWJUA said:
I do gameplan down here when Bama is on it. Its only $20 for the day...or maybe $30. But you get all the games on 3-4 channels. Only thing I don't like is when Bama is like a 6pm kick, it will be blank till 5:59:59, and then come on. Makes me nervous. I have the sports package on our digital cable, so I only have to do Gameplan-PPV once or maybe twice a year. They are always on some other channel the rest of the time.

I hope this is not as confusing to him as it is to me. ESPN Gameplan, which I have on DirecTV, is a complete season subscription.

252BAMA said:
TWJUA said:

I hope this is not as confusing to him as it is to me. ESPN Gameplan, which I have on DirecTV, is a complete season subscription.

I also have DirecTV, it does get a bit confusing. You can order Gameplan as a PPV for one day (or have been able to in years past), or you can order a season subscription. I usually order the entire season package, it usually works out to be the same price as ordering 2 or 3 PPV's. I also live in PA so I'm not subject to any blackouts of the games, but most likely if the game is blacked out in your area it'll be on a local broadcast anyway.

Last year was great for GamePlan, pretty much every game that CBS or ESPN didn't pick up was on. It's actually kind of funny when the broadcast cuts to a sideline report and the guy holding the mic is wearing an Alabama shirt. It's just the kind of broadcast I like too see, none of that objective reporting crap!

I've done gameplan and pay per view and from what I've seen it all depends on your cable provider. How much a PPV game costs and so forth. Keep in mind that when I say ESPN Gameplan, I'm referring to the online games.

The first time I ever did PPV was in Florida a couple of years ago. I think I payed like...$15 for the game. However, here in L.A. it's more cost-efficient to just go with Gameplan as PPV games can run you upwards of $35-$45.

I wanted to watch BAMA a couple of times last season and elected to do Gameplan and watch online instead of paying the money for PPV. Gameplan for individual games is still somethng like $29.95, but for me it's cheaper than PPV. Plus, if you're willing to look into this then $29.95 probably won't discourage you, since you'd have to assume you're going to pay about 20 bucks regardless of which option you choose. For most of us die-hard fans that's chump change when it comes to watching our favorite team play......as opposed to just reading the box score later.

I recommend Gameplan, unless you have a good cable provider that will not job you on the PPV.

Back
Top Bottom