| FTBL Pleas Enlighten me about the Texas Game.

G

Was it like Tommy Lewis did? Or What did he do? I got this from another thread posted by Terry
It was a thread about Penn Wagers crew screwing up a call in the game with the Texas ball boy.

I think we were playing Rice and getting our proverbial rearends handed to us.

Tommy Lewis came off the bench and tackled a Rice player that broke a run (I think it would have been a TD)

When interviewed on why he did it Lewis was quoted as saying. "I was full of too much Alabama".

Here is a link from Time Magazine, which if I remember correctly would have been Life magazine at the time.

rammerjammer said:
I think we were playing Rice and getting our proverbial rearends handed to us.

Tommy Lewis came off the bench and tackled a Rice player that broke a run (I think it would have been a TD)

When interviewed on why he did it Lewis was quoted as saying. "I was full of too much Alabama".
I know this RJ it the Texas game I' asking about.
It has something to do with the Texas ball Boy.

Oh..........my bad.

Mack Brown's step son is a ball boy on the UT staff. He almost picked up a lateral that was still in play in their game the other night. The SEC officiating crew stated that he touched the ball and awarded it back to Az St. On replay it was obvious that he didn't touch the ball and proved to be a momentum shift towards the Sundevils. Instead of the Longhorns having the ball on the 50 yard line, Az St got the ball on the 7. It allowed them to finally score and get something going.

Rick, supposedly the stepson of Coach Mack Brown (who is on the staff/sideline) reached out and touched a ball in the field of play the other night before the play was blown dead. He thought it was going to be called an incomplete pass, but supposedly it was a fumble. I think they reviewed it for a while and maybe the other team got the ball back. That part I'm not sure about. :?:

rammerjammer said:
Oh..........my bad.

Mack Brown's step son is a ball boy on the UT staff. He almost picked up a lateral that was still in play in their game the other night. The SEC officiating crew stated that he touched the ball and awarded it back to AZ St. On replay it was obvious that he didn't touch the ball and proved to be a momentum shift towards the Sundevils. Instead of the Longhorns having the ball on the 50 yard line, AZ St got the ball on the 7. It allowed them to finally score and get something going.
Thanks! And it was and SEC crew too. Glad to see them screw up other school games beside the SEC.

rick4bama said:
rammerjammer said:
Oh..........my bad.

Mack Brown's step son is a ball boy on the UT staff. He almost picked up a lateral that was still in play in their game the other night. The SEC officiating crew stated that he touched the ball and awarded it back to AZ St. On replay it was obvious that he didn't touch the ball and proved to be a momentum shift towards the Sundevils. Instead of the Longhorns having the ball on the 50 yard line, AZ St got the ball on the 7. It allowed them to finally score and get something going.
Thanks! And it was and SEC crew too. Glad to see them screw up other school games beside the SEC.

Now the rest of the country can see whay we deal with on a regular basis. Perhaps now they'll get it when we b!tch and complain.

Back
Top Bottom