| FTBL player interviews: Johns, Caldwell, Coffee, Johnson, plus..

Rashad asked what is the difference between this spring and last spring

"A lot more people know what is going on,a lot less mental errors and people reacting and playing football instead of thinking the whole time"

That will be a huge difference over the first 6 games last year. Hopefully we will see very few of the defense running around trying to figure out what they should do.

shipley00 said:
Rashad asked what is the difference between this spring and last spring

"A lot more people know what is going on,a lot less mental errors and people reacting and playing football instead of thinking the whole time"

That will be a huge difference over the first 6 games last year. Hopefully we will see very few of the defense running around trying to figure out what they should do.

This is the time of year I always find myself tempering expectations. Well, that's been the case since '96.

I mention that because Antione made a comment yesterday that struck me. He said it was the best practice he's been involved with in three years. A spring practice better than some of the ones during the season makes me wonder just how far this offense is coming along?

I'll tell you this...hearing the reports I've heard about Coach Mac I'm really beginning to have some cautiously optimistic thoughts about how they'll do in '08.

TerryP said:
I'll tell you this...hearing the reports I've heard about Coach Mac I'm really beginning to have some cautiously optimistic thoughts about how they'll do in '08.

and is this a good thing? ;scr

BamaDelta said:
TerryP said:

Versus pessimistic thoughts about our O awhile back?

S, things are shaping up nicely. You'll like what I'm hearing...

TerryP said:
BamaDelta said:
TerryP said:

Great. You know I still am very nervous about JPW, but we'll just leave it at that. I want him to do well. I really do.

Is it just me or do those interviews look like 'prisoner of war' interrogations more than anything else.

Saban probably put the fear O God speech to them prior to video taping.

TerryP said:
BamaDelta said:
TerryP said:

Do tell its just us in the forum lol

looks like the staff is doing quite nice.

mongo4bama said:
Do tell its just us in the forum lol

looks like the staff is doing quite nice.

Good luck mongo...Terry throws out little crumbs along the way just to keep us comin' back for more. :wink:

One day in a moment of weakness he'll divulge it all, and he knows I'll be on the 1st flight to Charleston. :lol:

I have a good feeling about this year...

just a gut thing, but I have not had this "gut" feeling about Bama football in a long, long time.

Hope we are turning that corner or already have this spring....

Back
Top Bottom