| FTBL Pittman says Alabama tight ends are "decent"...

jdpas29

Verified Member
:shock: :shock: :shock:

i hope Travis Walker plants his face in the dirt on the same play that Nick Walker catches a wide open TD pass in the first quarter to make the score 21-0.

i'm really starting to hate these corndog kitties. it seems like some of the players at LSu are taking on the persona of their jerk of a coach.

Re: Pittman says Alabama tight ends are "decent"..

jdpas29 said:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

i hope Travis Walker plants his face in the dirt on the same play that Nick Walker catches a wide open TD pass in the first quarter to make the score 21-0.

i'm really starting to hate these corndog kitties. it seems like some of the players at LSu are taking on the persona of their jerk of a coach.

Ridiculous to call Miles a jerk. He is a class act

Not that it really matters...but I think it was Rahim Alem who said that...

I say "not that it really matters" because their defensive line guys aren't likely to be in pass coverage. Now, when it comes to our TE's and their blocking ability?

Thats why those 2 TEs will be playing on Sundays next Fall. They're great blockers and Walker can catch anything near him. Just for breathers we can send in Underwood and Dial.

uagrad93 said:
Thats why those 2 TEs will be playing on Sundays next Fall. They're great blockers and Walker can catch anything near him. Just for breathers we can send in Underwood and Dial.

Don't forget Smelley! :D

TigerBait3 said:
Pretty accurate statement if you ask me. An an H-back, though, he would be wrong.

That's the reason I attempted to separate their roles.

Well, now that I've said that, they've done a pretty good job blocking from the H-back position as well.

Lining up on the line of scrimmage? I'd say they've done OK...so if OK is the same as decent, I'd agree with the description as well.

TerryP said:
Lining up on the line of scrimmage? I'd say they've done OK...so if OK is the same as decent, I'd agree with the description as well.
:D

I think they do a tremendous job withinn the Alabama offense. They block well and rarely make mistakes.

I am assuming the person that made the comment was picturing them as a a stereotypical TE and he is right, they arent huge passing threats past ten yards -- and no, they dont get involved in the passing game like Dickson does, but they work well within the offense.

TigerBait3 said:
TerryP said:
:D

I think they do a tremendous job withinn the Alabama offense. They block well and rarely make mistakes.

I am assuming the person that made the comment was picturing them as a a stereotypical TE and he is right, they arent huge passing threats past ten yards -- and no, they dont get involved in the passing game like Dickson does, but they work well within the offense.

I read the comment early this morning. I had to go back and check where I had been reading to find it. It was an article up on T-town sports and the comment is credited to Alem though the title of the article is about Pittman.

Given my description/evaluation of Alem (I consider him a pass rush guy) I interpret that comment as one where he's facing the TE on the LOS. In that case, he's right.

One thing you may have noticed that I briefly mentioned in the odds and ends post from last night is the use of the TE/HE in our offense this season. We've used it in spot occasions in a few games, but only had it in our "game plan" in two games so far; Clemson and Georgia.

I expect to see it brought out again this week 3-4 times at least. There's a handful of other "wrinkles" this team has worked on for weeks on end I still haven't seen called by the offense. I've seen the set, I've seen the same type movement but haven't seen those plays. (yeah, I've gotten a bit excited seeing the set only to end up saying "damn, I thought it was coming there."

I'm wondering how much McElwain is going to dig into what have in the book this week. If it isn't needed, I'll be left waiting at least a month.

FWIW, same goes for our defensive packages...but I'd be willing to bet a handful of those come this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom