| LIFE Perspective on gun control

Is teachers teaching their own opinions on sex, religion and politics acceptable

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only with parental consent in elective courses

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I say this in my classroom to my gifted students: It is my job to teach you how to think, not what to think. Teachers who tell (you) what you should think or for whom you should vote need their certification revoked.

Here's a...guffaw.

340763121_993146595426966_6192647498255591926_n.jpg

I’ve long said there should be some basic firearm safety instruction in schools. I’m sure somebody can come up with a negative, but there are lots of positives to this. It would at least provide some baseline safety rules for kids, where many never get this. Sometimes they get a gun in their hand for the first time and have no idea how dangerous and serious it is, and don’t know about the fundamental rules that some of us were fortunate enough to learn from our parents or from classes associated with licenses.

I’ve long said there should be some basic firearm safety instruction in schools. I’m sure somebody can come up with a negative, but there are lots of positives to this. It would at least provide some baseline safety rules for kids, where many never get this. Sometimes they get a gun in their hand for the first time and have no idea how dangerous and serious it is, and don’t know about the fundamental rules that some of us were fortunate enough to learn from our parents or from classes associated with licenses.

If handled correctly, a HS elective could be a very good thing IMO. Years ago, I took an elective at Southern Union CC that was a gun course... basically just involved going to the range after a couple of weeks in in class instruction. Funny thinking back that part of the course requirement was having a gun, and bringing it to class, on campus (unloaded of course).

In the 80’s we always had our shot guns/rifles on our gun racks in our trucks at school out in the open. No trouble no one got shot. We have a mental illness problem in this country. Simple gun safety electives in high school would be great I think.

I was watching this thread yesterday wondering how long it would take for someone to make a comment on the thread that referred to the thread title: gun control.

The 22nd post.

If you have a home security system in your home you have heard this: the sign deters would be criminals away.

A saw a meme this morning I should have bookmarked. It was comparing two signs; the first the "Gun Free Zone" sign you've seen. The second began with "this property is guarded by armed security and ..." Basically, your "FUFO" warning.

If I had children the school with the second sign would be my first choice for safety.

Back
Top Bottom