| FTBL Percy Harvin looks to be out Saturday

TWJUA

Verified Member
Hearing from a person on the Florida staff who texted today that Percy's ankle is worse than they believed and will not play on the game. That was about 11am today.

TWJUA said:
Hearing from a person on the Florida staff who texted today that Percy's ankle is worse than they believed and will not play on the game. That was about 11am today.

We'll see...

I've heard reports he's getting better and better as well.

While Meyer is really close to the vest on injuries, Ken Taylor said it was a high ankle sprain. (Tebow's high school coach) Those aren't easy to come back from.

I suspect, even if he plays, he won't be at 100%.

Just did a double check with him now and he said that was the word in the football building when he was in this morning. This is a conversation between Gators that was repeated directly to me since he know I would want to know.

SO, I guess this is technically a rumor, but I think my friend is pretty reliable.

Crossing fingers tht he is right.

bear facts said:
I hope Harvin is ready to go. I want the media to have no excuses when our defense shuts the Gators down.

RTR!

The media excuse bag is going to be FILLED no matter what happens or who plays.

If we shut them down, it will be b/c they FAILED...not b/c we're good.

The excuse bad is getting filled as a I type. Got enough crap to fill Santa's sack.

I hope he doesn't play! One less weapon on offense. I'll leaving moaning and groaning to the media. I just want to win the ball game!!!!!!!!!!

~Bryan

RollTide1980 said:
bear facts said:
I hope Harvin is ready to go. I want the media to have no excuses when our defense shuts the Gators down.

RTR!

The media excuse bag is going to be FILLED no matter what happens or who plays.

If we shut them down, it will be b/c they FAILED...not b/c we're good.

The excuse bad is getting filled as a I type. Got enough crap to fill Santa's sack.

I hope he doesn't play! One less weapon on offense. I'll leaving moaning and groaning to the media. I just want to win the ball game!!!!!!!!!!

~Bryan

I have to agree with you on this one. I want the win. I do dread the excuses. That is why I said earlier I hope he plays, but as has been mentioned there will be excuses regardless.

reger60 said:
He'll probably try and give it a go, but if it is as bad as I think it is, he'll never be able to go at 100%.

That's exactly how I see it Jeff.

I suspect he'll give it a shot for a series or two and then be out the rest of the game if the injury is as bad as it looked when he was leaving the field last Saturday.

One thing about this injury is the turf we are going to be playing on is going to magnify the pain and soreness that much more.

TerryP said:
reger60 said:
He'll probably try and give it a go, but if it is as bad as I think it is, he'll never be able to go at 100%.

I suspect he'll give it a shot for a series or two and then be out the rest of the game if the injury is as bad as it looked when he was leaving the field last Saturday.

One thing about this injury is the turf we are going to be playing on is going to magnify the pain and soreness that much more.

Advantage Bama, obviously.
With just a couple of series they are making us prepare/gameplan for him, but not knowing counters that in that they too have to do additional gameplanning for without him.

Urban's system is individual driven, that is to say who he has drives what he calls. Percy is a unique asset that Urban himself says that one does not replace. This means that when he does leave the game there are options/plays that UF will no longer have as an option.

Percy's biggest contribution is to allow them to further spread the field by joining his speed to get outside with Tebow's threat to run up the middle. So in a sense loosing Harvins is like having our DE play a better containment game.

With Saban's desire to first take away the run and plays up the middle, Harvins out makes covering all the bases that much easier.

Just got another text. Percy has a cracked bone in his foot/ankle. That will keep him out of the game. Text from the same guy as before.

If I'm right, you guys better give me a lot of "+"s!....lol.

TerryP said:
reger60 said:

Think yer right....Same thing Kirk H. was sayin on Finebaum last night - hard cuts on that turf will take it's toll quickly I think. I don't see how he can manage unless they give him enough injections that would put horse to sleep....

Let's see Harvin has accounted for 16 TD's and 1178 yards. I hope his ankle falls off...but not permanently...just for this game.

Back
Top Bottom