| FTBL Peek denied...according to Rappaport

• Thread starter imported_porkchop
  • Start date
porkchop said:
TFWIW. You never know with Rappaport, but he says he has it straight from the horse's mouth.

Peek Denied by NCAA

I saw that and would have already posted it if I weren't afraid of Saban tracking my IP address, coming to my house in the middle of the night, and slapping the taste out of my mouth for quoting Rappaport.

Since you are way out in Cali you should be safe. You should probably get RollTideRandy on the plane tracking site just to be safe though.

:D :D

Argo said:
I saw that and would have already posted it if I weren't afraid of Saban tracking my IP address, coming to my house in the middle of the night, and slapping the taste out of my mouth for quoting Rappaport.

Since you are way out in Cali you should be safe. You should probably get RollTideRandy on the plane tracking site just to be safe though.
When ya'll guys need posting some controversial information, just count on me, I'm even more far away than 'chop... :lol:

Or do you think Saban could even make a trip and turn up in my home?. I'm afraid just thinking about it... :D

RTR,

Argo said:
Since you are way out in Cali you should be safe. You should probably get RollTideRandy on the plane tracking site just to be safe though. :D :D

I just logged onto plane tracker an see that Bama 1 is schedule to land in LA within the hour. Run Keith, Run!

He was denied, but has appealed. His belief, rightly so, is that since the new Ga. Tech coach doesn't use tight ends in any way whatsoever, he should be able to play somewhere else immediately.

He found himself in a situation wherein the team he committed to and played on hired a new coach who will not play him for just about any reason.

This was no fault of his own, but the fault of the position he plays and the regard Paul Johnson has for that position.

It appears very likely that this man may get jacked out of a year of his eligibility because pencil necks up in Connecticut have hard on's for Southern teams.

Let's compare Mallet and Michigan with Peek and Ga. Tech. DickRod doesn't have a history of playing QB's like Mallet but there is always a slight possibility that he might have played.

But with Peek and Paul Johnson, there was absolutely no chance. Johnson absolutely does not use the tight end position.

Even though I understand, under current NCAA guidelines, why Mallet was denied, it doesn't mean I agree with it. I don't understand how they could deny Peek.

Actually, I have a rather radical viewpoint when it comes to coaches quitting and player eligibility. If the coach quits the players should be able to quit if they don't like their new management.

Also, whichever men decide to move on to another team should not be penalized in any fashion whatsoever.

It very likely could absolutely destroy teams, including Alabama, but men should not have to work for someone that they didn't sign on to work with.

The challenge for teams would be to replace whatever coach may be quitting with another coach that the majority of the players would respect and play for.

It sucks, but I think they are afraid of setting a precedent. Petrino would be fighting like hell cause Mallet didn't get the eligibility.

If that were to happen, I think Saban would fly to Fayetteville to bitch slap a few people if that happened.

But damn it would be nice to have a receiving TE this year.

firestorm said:
When ya'll guys need posting some controversial information, just count on me, I'm even more far away than 'chop... :lol:

Or do you think Saban could even make a trip and turn up in my home?. I'm afraid just thinking about it... :D

RTR,

I agree, we should let Isra take care of the Rappaport articles. Just to be on the safe side. :lol:

Bama Bo said:
AUSociologyMajor said:

Nick Walker says we do. :wink:

I'm lookin for him to have a small break out year. McElwain is going to utilize the TE position and he's the main recieving TE in my eyes.

AUSociologyMajor said:
It sucks, but I think they are afraid of setting a precedent. Petrino would be fighting like hell cause Mallet didn't get the eligibility.

If that were to happen, I think Saban would fly to Fayetteville to bitch slap a few people if that happened.

stfu_noob.jpg

What's up, CastrateVick? If you have any questions about the board, come to me, I have about 20 or so posts, you have 6. LOL.

Good to see you, friend.

Back
Top Bottom