| FTBL Paul Finebaum

BamaCoast

The local station down here in Mobile dropped the Finebaum show weeks back. I really miss listening everyday. I have not listened to 710 am since they took him off. Love him or hate him he is really connected with football in the state and sec. I really missed all the great guest like Cecil Hurt and all the sec coaches and so many others.

To anyone listening have you heard anything said about another radio station in Mobile carrying the show?

BamaCoast said:
Poterhouse,

I tried it the first day for a while and they talked about everything but Alabama Football. Things I just don't care about. I would prefer finebaum.

I'm not able to listen to their show very often, but from my experience they do talk about BAMA a good bit. I think they talk more NASCAR and professional sports than Finebaum though, that's for sure. When football season gets here, I bet they talk MUCH more about BAMA and the rest of the SEC. As for Finebaum, I think you can listen to his show in the net. I'm surprised he isn't on in Mobile anymore (thankful, but surprised :wink:).

Porterhouse,

I wish I could listen on the internet but the company computer would not allow access. Now I just listen to music or hannity during that time slot via a radio I have at my desk.

I will check it out more as football season nears.

I live in Mobile also. I liked listening to Finebaum just

because he stirs the pot. They are playing a taped delayed show from 6pm - 9 or 10 pm on 105.5 espn radio in Mobile. It is not the same because it is not live, but you do get the information. And there is always the internet when you are at a place you can listen. I tried listening to the show with Stewart and Stabler, but as mentioned before, they talk an aweful lot about Nascar and things I have no interest in. No offense to anyone. I just do not like Nascar or golf. I tolerate some basketball and baseball. I love football (pro, college, arena) and fishing.

I live in Mobile and the only sports show I thought existed in the afternoon was Sports Drive with Neil Mcready's terrible ass. I would gladly listen to anything besides 105.5's programming. Even in the morning they have Wayne and Lee which are very old and very annoying. All they talk about is what they are going to eat at the Oyster House that day. I would gladly take Finebaum over Mcready any day.

It Takes Eleven said:
BamaBullies said:
Even in the morning they have Wayne and Lee which are very old and very annoying. All they talk about is what they are going to eat at the Oyster House that day.

Sounds like how T.C. & John Ed would always talk about the hamburger steak at Lloyd's.

It's not just the Oyster House either. They bring on some car guy and let him talk about what vehicles he has for sale for 30 minutes. Plus they are both ultra-yankees and can barely relate to southern sports.

The good thing about Finebaum's website (even though you can't listen to it at work) is that they archive the interviews, which is the best part anyway. You can listen when you get a chance and don't have to put up with all of the stupid callers.

BamaBullies said:
It Takes Eleven said:
BamaBullies said:
Even in the morning they have Wayne and Lee which are very old and very annoying. All they talk about is what they are going to eat at the Oyster House that day.

Sounds like how T.C. & John Ed would always talk about the hamburger steak at Lloyd's.

It's not just the Oyster House either. They bring on some car guy and let him talk about what vehicles he has for sale for 30 minutes. Plus they are both ultra-yankees and can barely relate to southern sports.

The Morning Sportcenter with Wayne and Lee and Issac is what I believe you are refering to. It has grown on me, but I wish we could get Jay Barker's morning show down here. I guess you get a few old farts together and they'll talk about crap like food for as long as they want.
As far as the Ultimate Sports Show, all I have to say is ughh! Should I as an Alumnus of The University support them? I don't know what their ratings are like - they may need my support. I could see that show dieing on the vine soon. It's terrible, but they give a valiant effort. I too don't care about NASCAR or Pro Sports and they really don't talk much ALA football, I am sure it is because they wouldn't want to feel partial to UA.

Billie Bob said:
BamaBullies said:
It Takes Eleven said:
BamaBullies said:

The Morning Sportcenter with Wayne and Lee and Issac is what I believe you are refering to. It has grown on me, but I wish we could get Jay Barker's morning show down here. I guess you get a few old farts together and they'll talk about crap like food for as long as they want.
As far as the Ultimate Sports Show, all I have to say is ughh! Should I as an Alumnus of The University support them? I don't know what their ratings are like - they may need my support. I could see that show dieing on the vine soon. It's terrible, but they give a valiant effort. I too don't care about NASCAR or Pro Sports and they really don't talk much ALA football, I am sure it is because they wouldn't want to feel partial to UA.

That show is absolutely terrible. Who cares about freakin' LCM motors?? They give that dude and Tommy Prayter (NASCAR Guy) half of their air time because they can't get anyone else on. Then Lee only talks about U of South AL. That is great and everything but does anyone care?

The guy is a cancer to anything respectable about college football or anything related to Auburn and Alabama in general. He just wants the ratings in the same fashion as a kid wants candy. He'll say just about anything and everything to get people to tune in... no matter if it's legit or not.

It's called being a tool.

It Takes Eleven said:
BamaBullies said:

Damn now thats a good thought that I haven't tasted in years :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom