| FTBL Other Fans

rammajamma

Verified Member
Ok these are the fans of other teams that I have came into contact with. Some teams we play are small schools but most teams bring at least a few fans.

Auburn Fans... Probably the worst I have ever dealt with. I remember going down there in 1999 and just counting how many classless things I saw. We (Bama Fans) had all congregated together over in front of one of their halls. Their freaking band makes it a point to march right down between where we are standing. I have seen their fans throw stuff at our team. I remember watching, during the commercial break, one of their players turning toward our section in the stands and shooting us the finger. Bet you didn't see that on ESPN. They are exactly opposite of what we are. I am so thankful that I am a Bama fan.

Tennessee Fans... What makes Tennessee most annoying is their band. I hate Rocky Top. If I were President of the United States I would outlaw it. They absolutely suck at everything. Their color sucks, their mascot sucks, they suck. They have the only stadium in the country where you can't tell if people are wearing ponchos or not.

LSU Fans... I have heard so many stories of people who went to Baton Rouge and were not treated very nicely by the Bayou Bengals. I have to say they are some of the craziest coon rear ends they you have every wanted to see. They party from sun up to sun down but still manage to have one of the loudest stadiums. What I have dealt with them has been home games and I really haven't seen them doing anything out of the way. Probably a wise decision on their part.

Vandy Fans... I met a Vandy fan once at a game in Birmingham. He just talked and talked about how good Bama is. I felt sorry for the dude..

Ole Miss... Hoddy Toddy, gosh almightly, when's Ole Miss gonna beat somebody? I had went to a Ole Miss Bama game one time and went without tickets. So I bought some on the way in that were pretty reasonable. They were in the endzone but sometimes thats the most fun place to be. I didn't realize it was in the Middle of the Ole Miss Section. Hoddy Toddy over and over and over and they just really all reminded me of a alcoholic aunt or something like that. Just a bunch of turds if you ask me.

MS. State... I went to Starkville wit Rolltiderandy to a Bama Ms State game during the Stallings era and boy was it fun. State fans are really annoying. Constantly ringing cowbells or barking like a dog does not look very intelligent in my book. There stadium is tiny and it reminded me of HS.

Gerogia Fans... I was at the 94 Bama Georgia game and I have to say it was one of the most fun games I have ever been to. Their fans were really nice and I don't remember anything bad they said or did.

Arkansas Fans... I have been to a lot of Bama Arkansas games, but I can't remeber ever encountering any of their fans. They fill up their section and all but I never see any of them walking around.....

Anyway, this is some of the teams that come to mind. I mean I remeber that LA Tech game when we let them come back and beat us. They had like 3 fans there. 3 very happy and very nervous looking fans.

But I have to say that the greatest team of all times has the greatest fans of all time.

Roll Tide!

I'll tell ya what Ramma. Atleast in my experience, some of the best fans I've come across have been Nebraska fans. The ones I've talked to in the past always seem to have a lot of good things to say about us a respect tradition. I guess you have had to have some to know some? Anyway, in my limited dealings with them, they alwas seem to be a pretty good bunch.

Oklahoma fans and Penn State fans are usually pretty level headed. On the other hand, Michigan fans tend to be real a-holes in general. Gotta hate Texas Aggie fans. Tennessee fans are at their worst when the Vols are winning, but tend to get pretty quiet when the team sucks. (It's been pretty quiet in the land of orange lately.)

rammajamma said:
I hate Rocky Top. If I were President of the United States I would outlaw it.

Got a funny story about this. I was a GTA with the AU Band in 2002 and 2003. During the fall of 2002, George W. Bush came to Auburn to speak. We found out about it pretty much at the last minute, and had to meet with the President's people to plan out how it would go and what the marching band's part in the whole thing would be.

So they told us that the President would finish his speech then walk the rope line shaking hands on his way out. While he did this, the band was supposed to play non-stop the entire time.

As the AU band director was asking them what kind of music would be OK to play here, they said (I'm quoting): "Anything that is upbeat and exciting is OK. It does not have to be patriotic. But please, whatever you do, don't just play your fight song over and over and over again. We were at Tennessee last week and they played Rocky Top for 15 straight minutes and the President HATED it!"

:lol:

rammajamma said:
MS. State... I went to Starkville wit Rolltiderandy to a Bama Ms State game during the Stallings era and boy was it fun. State fans are really annoying. Constantly ringing cowbells or barking like a dog does not look very intelligent in my book. There stadium is tiny and it reminded me of HS.

My favorite Starkville memory is still 2003. It was after the game and we were walking back to the car and a Miss State fan (looked like she was about 19) got up in my face and yelled "Bama Sux!" I looked back at her and said, "We just beat your team 38-0, if we Suk, what does that say about Miss St?" I have never seen such a look of total confusion on someone's face before or since. I can't believe they have the nerve to still try and taunt someone after they just got beat 38-0. :?

RollTideRandy said:
My favorite Starkville memory is still 2003. It was after the game and we were walking back to the car and a Miss State fan (looked like she was about 19) got up in my face and yelled "Bama Sux!" I looked back at her and said, "We just beat your team 38-0, if we Suk, what does that say about Miss St?" I have never seen such a look of total confusion on someone's face before or since. I can't believe they have the nerve to still try and taunt someone after they just got beat 38-0. :?

haha, was she hot?

I hate Ole Miss fans. Drunk, loud, stupid and always ready to throw something at whoever is closest, in whatever direction, no matter what teams color you are wearing.

God is going to be fun down in Oxford this year :)

Back
Top Bottom