| FTBL OSU Logo Change

chevy0082

Verified Member
oandninefj9.jpg

shipley00 said:
Bama Los said:
I'm going to have to send this to my professor who is an OSU grad.

Bama Los said:
I'm going to have to send this to my professor who is an OSU grad.

I'd send it AFTER you graduate! :lol:

Well, I'm a grad student and he's 29 or 30. He's a cool guy, last year we had a student conference in Savanah, GA. He's the "sponsor" of the AIAA student branch here, and he with all the students got very drunk at the bars there.

Colin said:
I don't get it, is the 0-9 referring to 0-9 against the SEC, bowl games against the sec? some other third thing??

Bowl games versus SEC teams. Their overall record is pretty bad (I looked it up some years back to antagonize my OSU boss). It seems they had beaten Vandy and tied LSU (or the other way around) in regular season games, but that was it.

RTR,

Tim

It Takes Eleven said:
Colin said:
I don't get it, is the 0-9 referring to 0-9 against the SEC, bowl games against the sec? some other third thing??

Bowl games versus SEC teams. Their overall record is pretty bad (I looked it up some years back to antagonize my OSU boss). It seems they had beaten Vandy and tied LSU (or the other way around) in regular season games, but that was it.

RTR,

Tim

I had to go look it up. http://football.stassen.com/records/opponent.html is an excellent site, by the way.

All-time OSU vs. current SEC teams: 4-11-2
Post WWII record vs. current SEC teams: 1-10-1
OSU wins: UK (1935, 1919), Vandy (1933), LSU (1988)
OSU ties: aubrun (1917), LSU (1987)

Colin said:

That's theOSU's record against the SEC in bowl games.

I was actually at the LSU-Ohio State game in '87 when Archer's 4th quarter head coaching decisions led to a tie between the two teams.

Sept. 26, 1987
A blocked Ohio State field goal attempt with five seconds remaining spoiled a come-from-behind bid by the seventh-ranked Buckeyes, leaving them with a 13-13 tie in Baton Rouge, La. LSU’s Karl Dunbar blocked Matt Frantz’s 47-yard field goal to preserve the tie.

Sept. 24, 1988
Ohio State rallied from a 13-point deficit to upset seventh-ranked LSU, 36-33. The Tigers led 33-20 with 4:29 to play, but the Buckeyes rallied behind two late scores and a safety. First, tailback Carlos Snow sliced into the end zone from five yards out to cap off a 10-play, 59-yard drive to cut LSU’s lead to 33-27. After forcing a safety on LSU’s next possession, the stage was set for one of the most dramatic comebacks in OSU football history. With under a minute to go, Bobby Olive, who returned the free kick 30 yards to the Tigers’ 38-yard line, hauled in a diving 20-yard catch in the end zone with 38 seconds left, sending the Ohio Stadium crowd of 90,584 in to a frenzy.

As far as the OSU's success against the rest of the SEC during regular season, I haven't a clue.

Do remember Bama's wins in '78 Sugar Bowl and '86 Kickoff Classic win, though. We beat the Buckeyes in that KC yet the MVP goes to Chris Spielman.

Referee, If OSU is a fraud to college football then what are we? I cant stand them but their a very solid ball team . I'll take their past few records any day. :wink:
RTR

bamanaf said:
Referee, If OSU is a fraud to college football then what are we? I cant stand them but their a very solid ball team . I'll take their past few records any day. :wink:
RTR

Well, we have a better record in the SEC. :twisted:

Almost every team in the SEC played LSU tougher than the OSU this year with the exception of MSU but this is the best the Big 10 could do?

The same could be said about last year's UF team as well.

Back
Top Bottom