| FTBL Okay, who's your unsung hero for the Tide?

bear facts

Verified Member
This little victory run has, indeed, been a true team effort, and there seems to be a handful of players who keep getting all the press and hype (which they rightfully deserve), but there are still some players that have quietly been doing their jobs.

This thread is dedicated to them:

Justin Woodall - gettin' it done

Rolando McClain (though he seemed sort of transparent last night--need to watch the game again and focus on his play)

Leigh Tiffin - been consistent so far

Who else needs to be added?

bear facts said:
This little victory run has, indeed, been a true team effort, and there seems to be a handful of players who keep getting all the press and hype, which they rightfully deserve.

But there are still some players that have quietly been doing their jobs.

Rolando McClain (though he seemed sort of transparent last night--need to watch the game again and focus on his play)

Unsung hero?

Offensive Line....hands down......they are the heart and soul of this team.

Another hero? Glen Coffee....he is running harder than any back we have had in a while.

rtauburnsucks said:
bear facts said:
This little victory run has, indeed, been a true team effort, and there seems to be a handful of players who keep getting all the press and hype, which they rightfully deserve.

But there are still some players that have quietly been doing their jobs.

Unsung hero?

Offensive Line....hands down......they are the heart and soul of this team.

Another hero? Glen Coffee....he is running harder than any back we have had in a while.

I agree on all counts, but the only reason I didn't recognize the OL is that they've been getting some media attention.

Did you see the segment ESPN did yesterday on the whole OL? They've been getting their share of props.

Coffee, as well as some of our other backs and receivers besides Julio, deserve a salute or two.

How about Upchurch? Boy, did he put a move on that tired Georgia defense or what?

Every single player on the scout team. And of course, JOHN PARKER! The boy is a winner. He is writing his legacy with this season. He has the opportunity to lead this team to a BCS game that we have been abscent from for a DECADE! (by the time we play in it should we make it that far)

Unsung hero for the season: Jim McElwain. I had no idea who he was when we hired him, but quite frankly, he is the sh*t.

I know its only been 5 games, but this guy seems to understand the strengths of our personnel. I was never a JPW hater, he's actually one of my favorite players on the team, but he can't put a team on his shoulders. I feel like with Applewhite (who I respect), we'd still be throwing the ball ~30 times/game.

I think some1 who hasnt been talked bout is travis mccall he has done a hell of a job run blockin he is a big part of our running game

Tough call but I will say JP. I have been hard on him the past 2 years but I think JP played with great poise and calmness. He looked so mellow out there last night. The TD pass top Julio was perfect.

I'll use this thread to point out how little we have heard Kareem Jackson's name mentioned this season, which for a CB, is a good thing. Teams are going after Javier Arenas and Marquis Johnson which is getting them a lot of mentions, but it's Jackson who is our shut-down corner.

UN-sung...

Dont'a Hightower - playing great ball and he was in the right position to pick off that aerial fumble from AJ Green to really put a dagger in the Dawgs. Way to go Dont'a!

I say the Def. line I know Mt. Cody gets a lot of attention and deserves it, but the rest of the Def . line is playing good and allow the linebacker to move around the field and do thier job.

reger60 said:
JPW was "Barker-like" last night.

His game management was beautifully noted.

Unsong or not, I have to give my praise to the OL. I almost had tears in my eyes because of the domination. :lol:

Also have to give props to my boy Woodall. Finally growing into his Safety spot and making plays. Representing the #27 well.

Props to Rashad Johnson too. His coverage was great, had a ton of pass break ups. Secondary as a whole, positive stuff. Not their fault in the second half we only sent 4 and sometimes 3. :wink:

Mike Johnson and Travis McCall.

Andre Smith is a big reason why we pick up so many yards on the left side, but he isn't the ONLY reason. Johnson and McCall and played very well this year. BAMA tips the play quite often when they send McCall in motion to lead block behind Smith and Johnson, and the opposing defense still can't stop it. When they know it is coming and still can't do a thing about it... that is domination.

Grant was a starter last year. Now he is playing on special team. That to me is a team player. And he had a pretty good tackle on one of the kick off.

Back
Top Bottom