| FTBL For the "stars" fans....

Argo

Players who heavily contributed in Alabama's championship season..

Julio Jones
Trent Richardson
Nico Johnson

Mark Ingram
James Carpenter
Mike Johnson
Lorenzo Washington
Courtney Upshaw
Barret Jones
Kareem Jackson
Mark Barron
Robby Green
Justin Woodall
Marquis Johnson
Rolando McClain
Roy Upchurch
Mike McCoy

Greg McElroy
Marquis Maze
Darius Hanks
William Vlachos
Corey Reamer
Marcel Dareus
Terrance Cody
Javier Arenas
Brandon Deaderick
Colin Peek

Walk-on
Eryk Anders
Leigh Tiffin
P.J. Fitzgerald
Brian Selman
Drew Davis

I think I got the significant players, although the entire team worked hard behind the scenes to make it possible. Not meaning to disrespect any player, just wanted to add to the stars/championship debate.

No offense, but Darius Hanks took the job from McCoy. Outside of the action VERY EARLY in the season..he never played.

I love Mike...make no mistake, but he was not a direct factor in the 2009 season.

No offense, but Darius Hanks took the job from McCoy. Outside of the action VERY EARLY in the season..he never played.

I love Mike...make no mistake, but he was not a direct factor in the 2009 season.

Agreed, but I gave him the nod for the 100 yard performance when Julio was out. We only had two 100 yard games for receivers this year.

Mike played a BIG role in the North Texas game, and literally caught all the passes an injured Julio would have made (great game for Mike) but he faded out right after.

I always thought Mike had GREAT HANDS and would have LOVED to see him more.

However, he was not a factor in our title journey. I loved him in 2008...very smart and sure handed guy.

EDIT: Sorry ARGO, I was posting this at the same time as your post about Mike and North Texas. :)

*** Marcel Darius may end up being one of the best on that listing... Before I get the bashing about Ro and Mark, I said one of which I really think he will and the accolades will start to flow next season.

My honorable mention...Terry Grant.

That young man must love the University with all his heart. Starter in 2007...pushed to the end of the line in 08...about to transfer...comes back on special teams and mop up duty...gets hurt...still hangs around.

Let's show some love for Terry Grant!

i argued with an auburn friend that terry grant would start for alot of bcs schools.. he is a great back with a great mix of power and speed, but just didn't adjust well with the between the tackles game.. i think he would be at the top of the depth chart under malzhan.. but he remains unnoticed.. not many people realize that he was sec player of the week his first three games as a true freshman..

Back
Top Bottom