| FTBL Ok, you rank the new SEC hires...

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
I mentioned the other day that Alabama just hired 2 assistant coaches (O'Brien and Marrone) that would both be better hires than what auburn, Tennessee, South Carolina, and Vandy would get as head coaches. I stand by that, as all 4 hires are lackluster. But, how do you rank the 4 new hires? Bryan Harsin, Shane Beamer, Josh Heupel, and Clark Lea. Keep in mind the schools situation too... example, Vandy isn't swinging as big of a stick as the others, Tennessee is headed for sanctions, etc.

That's a tough call!

Harsin and Heupel is a pick 'em. HC experience a plus?
Beamer is 3rd overall. Recruiting is his strong suit but let's face it. He will be battling for the regional leftovers and Coastal Carolina is now probably in a better position than the 'cocks as of now. (Plus, Myrtle Beach is fun for a college-aged guy...more appealing than Columbia)
Lea? I think the guy cares for the program and will give it his all but what exactly should expectations be at Vandy? Botom line, it's Vandy. Sad.

Geeze.....thats tough @Brandon Van de Graaff .....
Certainly not a homerun in any of them....

agree with @bamafan4ever... Harsin n Heupel....because of HC experiences
Other 2,...? Who knows ...USCe was strange choice...vandy is just wandering in forest without a clue

but looking who has best chance of succeeding...

Only Harsin has a real chance...good...50% chance..at AU you can get good players...but....good ....
luck in SECw...... AnM, lsu, Bama, ole ms n Kiffin coming on, .....+ UGA crossover..
In SECw bottom with msu n Arkansas

Beamer....at USCe ...maybe...but doubt it...weak SECe...will help....30% chance
Mid SECe team with KY n Missouri....got vandy n tn to save season...but AnM as permanent crossover is ....not good

And Vandy...just beat out TN for next to last.....thats some success...<5% chance

And finally Heupel ....third or fourth in state...memphis, vandy, mtsu...ahead of them
Heavy sanctions following lengthy investigation...<5% chance

Back
Top Bottom