Ok folks, lets here it! Your favorite places to eat at the beach?

When I'm going from Point A to Point B, I don't like doing much stopping, but that said... if I had ALL DAY and NO CARES, I'd travel from here to the beach via Hwy 82, stop and eat at Jim's BBQ, stop again Priesters, then at Bates House of Turkey, then at the Conecuh Store in Evergreen for some sausage dogs. I might even stop at the Real Pit Bar-B-Q in Greenville too. I don't know, I'll play it by ear...

We always hit Doc's (on Canal, yes indeed) and Sea N Suds. You can't beat the view from Sea N Suds, the food is good, beer is cold and prices are reasonable. If you want a little nicer, over at San Roc Cay (at the perdido bridge) is Louisiana Lagniappe (Cajun) and Grazie's (Italian). Cosmo's on Canal is a good spot to have a drink and dinner.

Lambert's is good, and don't let the idea that it's a veggies place sway you - it is a country cooking place, though. Everything is all you can eat, although you rarely need to ask for more. The chicken fried steak is good and the size of a plate, as is the liver and just about everything else - one of my boys will usually get a gizzard plate, and it's just mounded up. I recommend going about 3pm when the wait is less. you won't eat again until breakfast, if then.

If you want to venture a bit from the beach, anything I've ever eaten in Fairhope is good (casual great is Panini Pete's, more dressy is the Fairhope Inn). The Wash House in Point Clear is excellent, and I prefer the Wentzell's in Point Clear over OB.

Places to avoid - Hazels and Jake's Grill in OB. The Crab Trap on the FL side of Perdido. Let my misfortune be your cheap lesson.

We'll be down in June.

Best Pit Stop on the way - Priester's in Ft. Deposit. Think Cracker Barrel if it was a candy shop. Free samples!

You've talked me into Lambert's. Fairhope/Daphne/Spanish Fort are loaded with good eats... LOADED. The only thing they lack down there is great BBQ. Same with Mobile for the most part.

You've talked me into Lambert's. Fairhope/Daphne/Spanish Fort are loaded with good eats... LOADED. The only thing they lack down there is great BBQ. Same with Mobile for the most part.

Moe's BBQ is in OB (started by some UA guys and now a half dozen stores or so strong) isn't bad. It's not far from the grocery stores on the main drag.

The "pass arounds" (folks walking with very large bowls of extra veggies like macaroni and tomato salad, and fried taters, along with vats of sorghum and apple butter) at Lambert's are very good as well.

Tim, I ate at Moe's today. We have 3 of them in B'ham. I met one of the owner's mother a couple of years ago. (She was a patient of mine). She said he started it out in Colorado, and once he got the business going, came back to B'ham and started branching out from there. Good groceries. Today I had a Shrimp "Moe" boy, that was pretty dogone good. They used the "white" BBQ sauce that they generally use with the chicken/turkey.

Moe's BBQ is in OB (started by some UA guys and now a half dozen stores or so strong) isn't bad. It's not far from the grocery stores on the main drag.

The "pass arounds" (folks walking with very large bowls of extra veggies like macaroni and tomato salad, and fried taters, along with vats of sorghum and apple butter) at Lambert's are very good as well.

Haha, yeah, we eat there every tip down too... though it's almost always takeout and wings instead of BBQ, but it's sometimes both. Their ribs are decent, but I'm not in love with them... I do love their pulled pork, and eat at the one in T-Town often (especially whenever I have a date at Municipal [Kangaroo] Court, since they basically share the parking lot).

I do want to try Down South BBQ in Foley, I can't believe I've never had their BBQ. Folks say it's good... who knows though... Folks on the Gulf Coast know their seafood, but most of them haven't a clue about BBQ.

Haha, yeah, we eat there every tip down too... though it's almost always takeout and wings instead of BBQ, but it's sometimes both. Their ribs are decent, but I'm not in love with them... I do love their pulled pork, and eat at the one in T-Town often (especially whenever I have a date at Municipal [Kangaroo] Court, since they basically share the parking lot).

I do want to try Down South BBQ in Foley, I can't believe I've never had their BBQ. Folks say it's good... who knows though... Folks on the Gulf Coast know their seafood, but most of them haven't a clue about BBQ.

Q-less, so to speak.

BREAKING: The burger and fries from The Gulf is excellent. The outdoor dining experience is a bonus.

Lambert's was good too, but I wouldn't wait more than 5-10 minutes for them. Like Tim said, go early before the rush, or late before just before they close (like I ended up going after I saw the line waiting to be seated at 7, which was ridiculous. We went back about an hour later and walked right in, no wait. The country fried steak and chicken fingers were very good. Sides were plentiful, but otherwise unremarkable.

Mmmm, fish taco's. Gonna have to get some when I'm out there next time, for some reason, I love them, but they never pop to the top of my "gotta have" list when I'm in San Diego regularly.

Back
Top Bottom