| FTBL Oh Lord They Have Already Started....................

I can't remember where I read it or heard it but the person that made the comment hit the nail on the head IMHO. Basically people (meaning, ESPN) are hyping up the Buckeyes because they bring back a ton of players from a team that played for the national championship for 2 years in a row now. They want you to conveniently forget however that this team, with these same players, was embarressed and exposed in the worst possible fashion both times by faster, more athletic teams.

So basically OSU is returning a bunch of slow, mediocre players who essentially have one more year of experience at being slow and mediocre. Yeah, I can see the logic for them going to the national championship game again. :roll:

I'm calling <BS>

On the other hand, they have a GREAT chance of being 11-1 at the end of the season. If they have that record, the chances of them making it back to the NC game are very high.

Michigan isn't going to give them a run. Who else in the Big 10 will challenge them?

Right now, if I had to make a guess, I'd think there is a good chance we'll see a USCw (11-1) vs an tOSU (11-1) playing again. I don't see a team coming out of the Big 12 with less than 2 losses and the same from the SEC. You can throw the ACC and Big East in that same category.

TerryP said:
On the other hand, they have a GREAT chance of being 11-1 at the end of the season. If they have that record, the chances of them making it back to the NC game are very high.

Michigan isn't going to give them a run. Who else in the Big 10 will challenge them?

Right now, if I had to make a guess, I'd think there is a good chance we'll see a USCw (11-1) vs an tOSU (11-1) playing again. I don't see a team coming out of the Big 12 with less than 2 losses and the same from the SEC. You can throw the ACC and Big East in that same category.

Couldn't agree more. And I've never been a USC fan but I do hope that the Trojans drop 50 on the Buckeyes when they meet in that one. That might be the only possible thing that keeps OSU out of the game this year; to lose so badly to USC that it moves them far back in the polls. But, as always, the teams ahead will have to win to keep OSU from making it in again.

This whole thing is a joke IMHO. For OSU to continuously get rewarded for playing no one and being in a weak conference is a travesty. Meanwhile you have SEC teams beating each other's brains out every year. I thought the system was supposed to be slanted more towards teams that play in tough conferences and have difficult schedules. ;scr

porkchop said:
TerryP said:

Couldn't agree more. And I've never been a USC fan but I do hope that the Trojans drop 50 on the Buckeyes when they meet in that one. That might be the only possible thing that keeps OSU out of the game this year; to lose so badly to USC that it moves them far back in the polls. But, as always, the teams ahead will have to win to keep OSU from making it in again.

This whole thing is a joke IMHO. For OSU to continuously get rewarded for playing no one and being in a weak conference is a travesty. Meanwhile you have SEC teams beating each other's brains out every year. I thought the system was supposed to be slanted more towards teams that play in tough conferences and have difficult schedules. ;scr

Lessening the impact of the SOS in the BCS formula may have been the stupidest decision they made to date.

TerryP said:
porkchop said:
TerryP said:

Lessening the impact of the SOS in the BCS formula may have been the stupidest decision they made to date.

Ok, that was what I was fishing for. :lol: I thought that they'd lessened the SOS part of the formula but I couldn't remember exactly.

Doesn't make sense to me. Seems like if you want to find the best to play in the biggest game you look for the teams that have played the best and beaten the best. Or as a wise man (Ric Flair) once said, "You gotta beat the man to be the man. Whooooo!"

porkchop said:
TerryP said:
porkchop said:
TerryP said:

Ok, that was what I was fishing for. :lol: I thought that they'd lessened the SOS part of the formula but I couldn't remember exactly.

Doesn't make sense to me. Seems like if you want to find the best to play in the biggest game you look for the teams that have played the best and beaten the best. Or as a wise man (Ric Flair) once said, "You gotta beat the man to be the man. Whooooo!"

You've been on a Ric Flair shtick this week haven't you Chop?

ghice said:
porkchop said:
TerryP said:
porkchop said:
TerryP said:

You've been on a Ric Flair shtick this week haven't you Chop?

All I can say is, WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :lol:

psychojoe said:
If OSU is once again in the championship game it will be a great night for Blockbuster, Movie Gallery and Video on Demand.

Unless you're up for a horror story. It definatly will not be the chick flick ESPN wants it to be.

ghice said:
psychojoe said:
If OSU is once again in the championship game it will be a great night for Blockbuster, Movie Gallery and Video on Demand.

Unless you're up for a horror story. It definatly will not be the chick flick ESPN wants it to be.

The horror story would be a re-run.

porkchop said:
I can't remember where I read it or heard it but the person that made the comment hit the nail on the head IMHO. Basically people (meaning, ESPN) are hyping up the Buckeyes because they bring back a ton of players from a team that played for the national championship for 2 years in a row now. They want you to conveniently forget however that this team, with these same players, was embarressed and exposed in the worst possible fashion both times by faster, more athletic teams.

So basically OSU is returning a bunch of slow, mediocre players who essentially have one more year of experience at being slow and mediocre. Yeah, I can see the logic for them going to the national championship game again. :roll:

I'm calling <BS>

Holy S***t that's funny!! Best read of the day for me!! ROFL NICE 1 Chop had me rolling bro

Back
Top Bottom