| FTBL Some permanent opponents, some have none. 'Why the Big Ten ditched divisions and protected 11 games"

TerryP

Staff

Love this. Exactly what was discussed in the SEC meetings, but facts? Be damned.

Every Big Ten matchup will take place twice in a four-year span, once at each team's home site. USC and UCLA will face every Big Ten team at least once before the end of 2025, and every Big Ten team will play once in Los Angeles in the same span.
Flexibility is at the core of the Big Ten's approach, and the league wants to -- get this, SEC -- play each other more often as both the membership and the CFP expand in 2024. But there are also some drawbacks and items to debate.

@TerryP as you know, I have been very vocal on here about Power 5's playing other Power 5's. I like the idea of Alabama eliminating divisions, going with the best two teams for the SEC Championship game and playing all the other schools in the conference in a reality short amount of time. I know the SEC will make changes after this season is complete. This is definitely not our dads football schedules.

@TerryP as you know, I have been very vocal on here about Power 5's playing other Power 5's. I like the idea of Alabama eliminating divisions, going with the best two teams for the SEC Championship game and playing all the other schools in the conference in a reality short amount of time. I know the SEC will make changes after this season is complete. This is definitely not our dads football schedules.
I don't know the SEC will make changes!!!

Back
Top Bottom