| OT Off the top of my head, this was last week in review...

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
Off the top of my head, this was last week in review...

Bama lost to UGA in the national title game.

Bama basketball got beat at home to auburn, then lost at MSU.

Women's basketball lost both of their games.

Gymnastics, live on ABC no less, lost to Florida on the final rotation.

Yes, Bama needed to fire last week into the sun and get some new mojo for sure. Congrats to the all girls squad.

@BamaFan334 there's a part of me that believes the outcome was for the camera's because I can't dismiss the fact it was the first time in history a dual meet had been aired on one of the three major networks (broadcast.)

In my opinion there's a Doug Shows/Teddy Valentine element in women's collegiate gymnastics judging.

<GymTide Stat Post>

TV and scoring.

I want to say it was five years ago that Bama met Auburn in Birmingham. As I recall it was the second year of the SECN but the first time a Sunday afternoon meet between the two schools was televised and publicized like it was. Bama hit 197.000 that afternoon; the largest second meet score in the last decade; maybe and likely longer.

196.925 against UF. There's the second highest score in the second meet in the same time frame. See the similarities?

Both of these are good scores to have in your second meet. It's good for the Tide to post that high of a score with four of the six remaining before RQS begins.

not to mention all of the NFL teams with Bama alum all lost... Eagles, Steelers, Pats, Cowboys... not a good week for Bama in the NFL, either. We're basically down to the Titans and hopefully Henry and Julio will be full strength

Yep, I was counting them in my comment as well. Shitty overall week starting the Saturday before the Natty with the basketball team.

not to mention all of the NFL teams with Bama alum all lost... Eagles, Steelers, Pats, Cowboys... not a good week for Bama in the NFL, either. We're basically down to the Titans and hopefully Henry and Julio will be full strength
But Bama still has these teams with bama players. Tampa Bay, Rams, Cinn., KC, Tenn., I couldn't find any from SF, GB?

Back
Top Bottom