| FTBL Oakley

BamaTexan

Love to see him play..gives all he's got. Why does he not get more PT???? When given chances, he makes plays. Heck he was WIDE OPEN for a sure TD if JP had a few more seconds Saturday night!

BamaTexan said:
Love to see him play..gives all he's got. Why does he not get more PT???? When given chances, he makes plays. Heck he was WIDE OPEN for a sure TD if JP had a few more seconds Saturday night!

Well, I don't think he's got the same amount of talent as the guys he backs up. That's just how it is. But, when it's clutch time, he's there to make the play and for some reason doesn't get covered.

I saw him yesterday at 15th St. diner, and I just wanted to tell him "Man, we all saw you wide open...too bad the one person who matters didn't. You'll get it next time". But, I left him alone to eat.

I don't think he's good enough to be a full time starter. He is a great thrid down type slot reciever IMO. He has always put me in mind of Brandon Stokley. He's too talented for the opposing D's to overlook, yet a lot of the time they do. Like I said, I don't think that he's a starter compared to some of the other guys on the team, but still a dangerous weapon that I'm glad to have on the team.

We don;t see him in practice everyday, but I remember hearing last year year (and this may not be reliable) that he was the fastest player on the team as far as 40 and 50 yard times. The guy looks fast on teh field but has had some injuries coming in to the season. This guy is usually pretty sure handed too. He is not scared to run accross the middle and hangs on to the ball. Maybe he will get more chances in the near future.

Everyone is so up on Keith Brown but he has been anything but impressive to me this year. In fact he has been pretty disappointing to watch. And I have seen most of the games! He has just dropped too many. Sure he is athletic but he is not "a playmaker" (or at least he hasn't proven that this year) which SEC teams must have in order to succeed. Give Oakley more shots and I bet he won't drop sure first downs and TDs. [/quote]

mikeua69 said:
He reminds me of a faster Sam Collins. Sam wouldn't burn you, but he would catch anything thrown his way. I hope we can get Oakley the ball more.

Every time I see that number 7 on the field I think "Alright Sam's in!"...Then I come back to 2007...

KingKat said:
mikeua69 said:
He reminds me of a faster Sam Collins. Sam wouldn't burn you, but he would catch anything thrown his way. I hope we can get Oakley the ball more.

Every time I see that number 7 on the field I think "Alright Sam's in!"...Then I come back to 2007...

I like Will Oakley mainly because of Sam Collins being one of my favorite players. :D

Oakley should get his fair shot at some major PT next season.

Back
Top Bottom