| MBB/WBB Not 1 thread on tonight basketball game?

What is this about? You state it as a done deal. Why wouldn't Bama do everything they can to keep Oats?
Just whining about the fact no threads about our biggest home basketball game
Of the year. Great win. There will be some
BIG TIME basketball programs to come after Oats this summer. Our fan base still doesn’t seem to appreciate him. Football will always rule, but it would be a shame to see Oats move on.

Just whining about the fact no threads about our biggest home basketball game Of the year.

That's on me. I've been down for the count this week, just popped in to say Roll Tide on that huge win, and it was huge for several reasons. I'll be back in the saddle by the weekend and will get the MBB, Baseball, and Softball game threads going again if they aren't already.

BIG TIME basketball programs to come after Oats this summer. Our fan base still doesn’t seem to appreciate him. Football will always rule, but it would be a shame to see Oats move on.

I don't like speaking in absolutes, but Oats is going nowhere this summer.

That's on me. I've been down for the count this week, just popped in to say Roll Tide on that huge win, and it was huge for several reasons. I'll be back in the saddle by the weekend and will get the MBB, Baseball, and Softball game threads going again if they aren't already.

That’s good to hear, but I’d bet there were MANY Insiders who would have proclaimed Saban wasn’t going anywhere this winter. Lock Oats up!! Much love for Wimp but Oats best thing to EVER happen to Bama basketball

Incredible win though. I would have created a threat and contributed, but I knew this game would be tight. Best to not make a fool of myself in an intense matchup.

Florida is a bad matchup for us and is actually playing some incredible basketball right now. Todd Golden understands how to identify mismatches and attack. I don't think we'll play a team all season that is as good at passing the ball and cutting to the basket as them. They really took advantage of Stevenson every time.

Walters has really grown up recently. He is active at getting tip outs and creating 2nd chance opportunities. I hope to god he doesn't become one of those "one and done" transfers, because his role in Oats' system can be huge. Dioubate too. Guy has some questionable moves on offense, but is a damn dawg underneath.

Incredible grit and fight in this team. You can see why this team can make a run to the FF. Just being down by double digits in one of worst shooting performances of the year and still coming out with a W.

So your true identity is finally revealed. :p
1708607071969.png

I disagree. He is going somewhere this summer. He's going to Mexico, Cabo, St. Lucia, DR... I've heard the rumors of him being interested in going there with the family. :D

I watched the game last night and we were colder than a witches titty in a brass bra last night shooting from 3 point land in the first half. UF took the game to us by pounding the ball inside to their big guys. We had no answer for the guards coming off screens and driving to the basket. UF had a great game plan!

Thankful Grant had a huge first half for us and continued to make plays as the game progressed. Griffen showed up when it mattered most, late 2nd half and OT. I still can't figure him out. Sometimes he looks like a million dollars and other times, he looks completely lost on the floor. Sears made the most of his time in the 2nd half. Credit UF for tough defense on him.

Yes, it was a very tough, physical game but the bottom line is we won against a ranked team. We have a tough row ahead of us in UK, Ole Miss, UT, UF (again) and then finish off with Arkansas before the SEC tournament. Best of luck men. Be sure to bring your A game, its gonna be a dogfight.

This was a solid win. That Florida team has really improved through the year and has some great size down low to protect the rim. They blew auburn out , and yet with those 2 -7 footers we still were able to score down low and pull off the win shooting atrocious from the 3 point line.

Some of the fouls called against us are aggravating. Seems as though the refs decide to call it b4 the actual point of contest even happens. Not just in this game but most. I’m not saying just to us but i dont watch a ton of games outside of ours unless i have no work on the farm to be done which aint often.

Am i wrong on the refs ?

That’s good to hear, but I’d bet there were MANY Insiders who would have proclaimed Saban wasn’t going anywhere this winter. Lock Oats up!! Much love for Wimp but Oats best thing to EVER happen to Bama basketball

That's apples and pianos. 2 completely different situations. Everyone knew Saban would retire at some point in the near (within a few years) future. Some thought it was imminent, some (most) didn't. Regardless, the two situations are not aligned, at all. On Oats... he's happy here. He doesn't want to move his kids while they are in school (again). He will have perhaps his best team, top to bottom, next season. He's paid really well, and on deck for another bump. Byrne is still actively fundraising and perusing avenues for the new area... very actively. In fact, there is a path to a new arena now, that would be approved, but UA would not have full control and they are trying/hoping to avoid that... but it's on the table. Most importantly though in regards to Oats (IMO), is that his buyout is massive (i.e. to your point, he's locked up pretty tight). He can't walk away free, like Saban, for example.

Back
Top Bottom