| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC "Nope. That's ain't real." The crazy stuff you see on TV. How many of you guys have fire pits?

TerryP

Staff
I had CBS On Demand playing in the background, glanced up and happen to catch this scene.

Now, this is a fire pit that I have personal experience with. I've helped put in two of them over the last two years. I know the kind of heat that comes from these ... so this picture/scene made me do a double take, a rewind, and a screen capture.

Shoes would be melted in no time.

That leads me to this thought. How many of you guys have fire pits? I suppose it's a climate thing, right? It seldom gets cold, real cold, around these parts and quite a few of us have them and use them throughout the winter.

a.jpg

I have a fire pit made from creek rocks that I got behind my house. Last Saturday, I had a nice fire, burning brush and different items. The flames were high, the fire crackling and all of a sudden I feel my foot getting very hot. I look down and my shoe is on fire! The bad thing about it was I had on a pair of Hoka shoes(lots of foot problems). Being the thoughtful husband that I am, I immediately went in and told my wife of 37 1/2 years, "you are going to be mad at me." Of course, being the good wife that she is, she was mad at me for ruining a pair of $150 shoes.

Back
Top Bottom