| FTBL No Wayyyyy!!!!!!

It Takes Eleven said:
porkchop said:
No way!!! I just can't see it.

Franchione to South Alabama?

They're nuts if they do that. He'd jump ship as soon as he got another offer.

They're nuts for starting a football program, but that beside the point. Hiring Fran would have to be the dumbest public relations move in the history of the state of Alabama. As it stands, interviewing Fran for the job is the dumbest public relations move in the history of the state of Alabama.

Bama fans, let's let it go...

Some of the bitterness I see toward him is pretty ridiculous. With his character, I'm glad he left...

Although, the fraternity sign after he left was pretty hilarious...Lenny knows what I'm referring to I'm sure...

Also, note that this is the first and last time I use fraternity and hilarious in the same sentence and it not be me taking a shot at them. :wink:

Bo7 said:
It Takes Eleven said:
porkchop said:
No way!!! I just can't see it.

Franchione to South Alabama?

They're nuts if they do that. He'd jump ship as soon as he got another offer.

They're nuts for starting a football program, but that beside the point. Hiring Fran would have to be the dumbest public relations move in the history of the state of Alabama. As it stands, interviewing Fran for the job is the dumbest public relations move in the history of the state of Alabama.

I was thinking the same thing earlier Bo. The only thing one could possibly take away from them looking to interview or even hire Fran would be to make a splash. They would too. not a splash in the pond though, but a splash in the septic tank.

I actually just graduated from South Alabama and I wouldn't take too much stock in any of the possible coaching candidates. It seems if they talk to anyone and everyone about the position that opened up. I don't see the football program doing well down here since the only long standing sports team still in Mobile is the minor league baseball team and it is held alive by corporate sponsorships. They talked about how there were 2000 signatures on the petition to start football but they had people at the doorways almost forcing people to sign the petition. It was easier to sign than getting hassled everyday by someone to join the petition.

colbyjacks said:
I actually just graduated from South Alabama and I wouldn't take too much stock in any of the possible coaching candidates. It seems if they talk to anyone and everyone about the position that opened up. I don't see the football program doing well down here since the only long standing sports team still in Mobile is the minor league baseball team and it is held alive by corporate sponsorships. They talked about how there were 2000 signatures on the petition to start football but they had people at the doorways almost forcing people to sign the petition. It was easier to sign than getting hassled everyday by someone to join the petition.

Is there any truth to the rumor that Jimmy Buffett is being considered for the position?

bear facts said:
colbyjacks said:

Is there any truth to the rumor that Jimmy Buffett is being considered for the position?

Only in Margaritaville :lol:

ghice said:
bear facts said:
colbyjacks said:

Hehe! Is the mascot going to be a cheeseburger....in paradise? :p

porkchop said:
ghice said:
bear facts said:
colbyjacks said:

Uniforms would consist of white helmuts

porkchop said:
ghice said:
bear facts said:
colbyjacks said:

I heard that CrimsonPirate was gonna be auditioning for mascot. You know he's already turned 40.

bear facts said:
porkchop said:
ghice said:
bear facts said:
colbyjacks said:

I heard that CrimsonPirate was gonna be auditioning for mascot. You know he's already turned 40.

Huh? :?

CrimsonPirate said:
bear facts said:
porkchop said:
ghice said:
bear facts said:
colbyjacks said:

Huh? :?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw7qzpSwucc[/youtube]

Back
Top Bottom