| MBB/WBB 🏀 No. 4/4 Alabama Dominates Second Half in 84-69 Victory at No. 15/16 Arkansas

UA Press Release

Official News Releases
Staff

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama men's basketball will look to improve to 4-0 in the Southeastern Conference on Wednesday, as the Crimson Tide travel to face Arkansas at Bud Walton Arena. The Tide is looking to win its first four conference games for the first time since the 2020-21 season and second time since the 1986-87 season.

The Alabama-Arkansas matchup features two of the best scorers in the conference, as Arkansas' Ricky Council IV ranks No. 3 in the SEC, averaging 18.1 points per game, while Alabama's Brandon Miller ranks No. 1, scoring 19.1 points per contest. This is the second meeting between Alabama and Arkansas during the Nate Oats-Eric Musselman era where both teams are ranked in the AP Top 25 Poll.

The Broadcast​

Wednesday's game is set for a 6 p.m. tipoff and will be aired on ESPN2 with Karl Ravech (play-by-play) and Jay Bilas (analyst) on the call.

The radio broadcast can be heard on the Crimson Tide Sports Network with Chris Stewart (play-by-play) and Bryan Passink (analyst) on the call, while Tom Stipe (engineer) is turning the dials. The pregame show will begin one hour prior to tipoff.

We'll have to see how Arkansas shoots on Wednesday, but we should see a lot of zone from Bama's D. Thing I hate about playing Arkansas in Bud Walton is more times than not, the officials will play off the crowd.

Glad we don't get perpetual Hog optimist Jimmy Dykes on call. Not hearing "Roll Tide gets a nice bucket" and "Oats should definitely be getting calls from said program because I hate Arkansas having competition" will be nice.

With the injury situation with the Hogs I expect us to leave Bud Walton with a win.

Heard Musselman say in an interview the other day that their whole offense was centered around Nick Smith Jr, and he basically blamed their offensive woes on that. While I'm sure there's truth in that, having seen them some (especially the other night), their issues shooting go far beyond that. At some point they'll probably get hot and it'll start clicking... but I hope they shoot like an 8 and under Upwards team again tomorrow night.

With the injury situation with the Hogs I expect us to leave Bud Walton with a win.
I see this as a Bediako/Pringle game.

The game itself? It's not a matter of shutting down Ricky Council—just limit his production.
and he basically blamed their offensive woes on that.
The other guys...that's who I see a need for shutting down. Limit one, let defense shut down the five. They are basically running a six man rotation with two other guys getting minutes, though not a lot. As weird as this may sound, Bama can "Nolan" them out of Walton if they're able to play their game.

Side note: I understand UArk is doing a "throwback" night featuring their old logo. I've always like that one—much like the Elephant through the A.

I see this as a Bediako/Pringle game.

The game itself? It's not a matter of shutting down Ricky Council—just limit his production.

The other guys...that's who I see a need for shutting down. Limit one, let defense shut down the five. They are basically running a six man rotation with two other guys getting minutes, though not a lot. As weird as this may sound, Bama can "Nolan" them out of Walton if they're able to play their game.

Side note: I understand UArk is doing a "throwback" night featuring their old logo. I've always like that one—much like the Elephant through the A.

ESPN Matchup Predictor gives Ark a 58% chance to win this game it moved about 10 percentage points toward the Tide after the KY win.

ESPN Matchup Predictor gives Ark a 58% chance to win this game it moved about 10 percentage points toward the Tide after the KY win.
I'd like to know how they're coming up with that percentage. It doesn't make sense unless they're giving UArk that much of a home court edge. It's a mathematical formula and I don't see any metrics that support 58%.

I'd like to know how they're coming up with that percentage. It doesn't make sense unless they're giving UArk that much of a home court edge. It's a mathematical formula and I don't see any metrics that support 58%.

“We need a metric gimmick to fulfill our sponsor obligations to Allstate. Have an intern come up with a graphic and tell ‘em to just choose some percentages and go with it…”

-Someone in the upper floors of ESPN headquarters.

Back
Top Bottom