| NEWS Nick Saban and Wife Make Million-Dollar Donation to Fund New Children’s Center in Tuscaloosa: The Saban Center

B

Bama News

University of Alabama football coach Nick Saban is helping fund a new children’s center in Tuscaloosa.

Officials announced Friday that Saban and his wife Terry are making a $1 million donation for what will become the Saban Center. Saban’s private foundation, Nick’s Kids, will donate another $250,000.

The more than 100,000-square-foot complex will be located in the existing Tuscaloosa News building near downtown. It will be updated as a home to the Tuscaloosa Public Library, a hands-on children’s museum and the Tuscaloosa Children’s Theater.

City leaders voted to buy the newspaper building for nearly $8 million in October.

Wonderful to see Coach and Mrs. Saban investing in the future. To paraphrase a Bible verse, "to whom much is given, much is expected." All of us can make a difference in some small way to an organization of our choice, some just happen to be able to give more but every little bit helps.

Does anybody really think the Sabans would leave Tuscaloosa for another coaching position?

Good question
I think a total 100% commitment is there for sure now....While a lot on here will think 67 is ancient ...... the truth is...... its still pretty young in life.... a lot depends if ur work is ur life,.......... nick is like that.... or is ur life ur real life..... those chose retirement about that age....( mine was 55)...
i just hope he doesn't act like Paterno

My observation at this stage in my life is that a person makes it into their late 70's (parents are there now) when they start having real physical issues that can prevent them from doing their jobs reasonably. You may slow some before then but you can still do an effective job. No idea if that is what Coach Saban will do or not. I am 55 and it certainly made me think about retiring when I still have quality years left.

My observation at this stage in my life is that a person makes it into their late 70's (parents are there now) when they start having real physical issues that can prevent them from doing their jobs reasonably. You may slow some before then but you can still do an effective job. No idea if that is what Coach Saban will do or not. I am 55 and it certainly made me think about retiring when I still have quality years left.

Thats why i did 55. Had great job but to much else in life in sitting in boring meetings talking about same things we talked about for last 25 years. But some have work as their life. Clint eastwood working at 86-88 or something. Just loves what he does .
Nick is like that.
Hope he stays happy n healthy

Back
Top Bottom