| FTBL Nice win...

• Thread starter imported_Porter
  • Start date
I

imported_Porter

BAMA had an easier win that I had would have guessed, but I'll that that every time. The offense sputtered, but thankfully Grant was a stallion again today. JPW is just off. Hopefully they can get that fixed soon, we have to have him hitting those WR's to beat the Arky's, UGA's, and FSU's that are coming up. We saw BAMA go down field a lot today, but couldn't get much out of it. It was open though... The screen passes are going to be bread and butter plays for us this season.

The defense played better than I thought they would. Bennett got hurt late, but they shut him down all day. Still some poor tackling and some mix ups in coverage, but overall, I was pleased with the defense. I figured they'd give up 3 TD's today, so I have to be happy that they only gave up 1, and that was late. I wish the defense could get on a few more of these fumbles though...

I was very impressed with Grant, man he can flat out run and navigate. Also Arenas is just damn good, glad he did not quit the team. JPW seems to be pushing too hard at times, he needs to settle down a bit and work on his timing!

A win is a win though and we put Vandy out of the game early! A rare blowout win against Vandy is even better since they usually play us tough and close!

Yep Porter. A win is a win, and I won't go down the list of issues right now. We all know we showed some weaknesses and lapses today.

Many people thought it would be a shoot-out, so I can't say I'm disappointed with the result. It would have been nice to hold Vandy to 3, but it was what it was.

Roll Tide! :) Remember some were picking the upset as well.

193173839-M.jpg

Took this before the rain really started coming down and I had to put my camera away. Just thought I would stick it in here to commemorate the win!

RollTideWendielu said:
193173839-M.jpg

Took this before the rain really started coming down and I had to put my camera away. Just thought I would stick it in here to commemorate the win!

What would you say the percentage of BAMA fans in the stands was today?

I seriously think they pipe in noise.

For the back and forth "BAMA!" "BAMA!"s, you'd have thought it was at home. BTW, we were all yelling Bama. Should it have been Rammer, Jammer? And none of us knew what we were doing? :lol:

RollTideWendielu said:
I seriously think they pipe in noise.

For the back and forth "BAMA!" "BAMA!"s, you'd have thought it was at home. BTW, we were all yelling Bama. Should it have been Rammer, Jammer? And none of us knew what we were doing? :lol:

At home games, I think they do

ALA - BAMA
ALA - BAMA

RollTideRandy said:
On TV, didn't it sound like the Vandy crowd was being louder than the Bama folks? :?

Yes, but on radio, for some reason, the BAMA crowd sounded MUCH louder. It must have had to do with where the TV and radio mics were placed.

RollTideWendielu said:
Seriously, it was at least 60-65% if not more. I just posted a little video that I meant to answer that, but you can't really tell. Just not high enough quality. But it was pretty impressive!

Cool, I would have guessed 55% or so by what I saw on TV, but they never really panned the stands very well.

Porterhouse said:
RollTideRandy said:
On TV, didn't it sound like the Vandy crowd was being louder than the Bama folks? :?

Yes, but on radio, for some reason, the BAMA crowd sounded MUCH louder. It must have had to do with where the TV and radio mics were placed.

It's a conspiracy by the liberal media. They do whatever they can to not let BAMA look good. :x

I don't know Randy, We watched at home and we could hear the chants clearly.....ALA BAMA ALA BAMA!!! . It was pretty loud.

Back
Top Bottom