| FTBL New to site

My two loves in college football have been the Tide and the Illini. As a national power Bama football has always got my attention. My best moment as a fan was Bama and the Illini meeting up in the Liberty Bowl back in the early 80's, Coach Bryants last as a coach. One of the saddests was his untimely death soon after.

But, anyways I hope things get turned around soon on all fronts. I think the Saban thing is way over blown, just a poor choice analogies. Bama football will get back on a roll and get there place of prominence back in the SEC and nationally. Roll Tide!

jimmy1illini said:
My two loves in college football have been the Tide and the Illini. As a national power Bama football has always got my attention. My best moment as a fan was Bama and the Illini meeting up in the Liberty Bowl back in the early 80's, Coach Bryants last as a coach. One of the saddests was his untimely death soon after.

But, anyways I hope things get turned around soon on all fronts. I think the Saban thing is way over blown, just a poor choice analogies. Bama football will get back on a roll and get there place of prominence back in the SEC and nationally. Roll Tide!

A big Roll Tide welcome to the site, jimmy1illini,

schroeders-elefante.jpg

and congratulations on Illinois' recent big win over Ohio State.

Outlaw said:
What parts are you from? I have a friend who lives in Champaign.

I live in a town called Pana about an 11/2 hour drive from Champaign. My parents retired and live in Champaign. My wife and I lived there in our early years of marriage. Great college town, love going back whenever we can.

jimmy1illini said:
Outlaw said:
What parts are you from? I have a friend who lives in Champaign.

I live in a town called Pana about an 11/2 hour drive from Champaign. My parents retired and live in Champaign. My wife and I lived there in our early years of marriage. Great college town, love going back whenever we can.

Hey I have a friend that lives in Champaign also. He has been to AAA meetings many times to try to stop. We keep hoping he will change one day. It is ruining his life. :lol:

(Don't tell me I can't spell)

My buddy loves Champaign and is getting into Illinois football. He just recently got married though, and I'm looking at them returning to Bama sometime in the not so distant future. I just got him converted to Bama, and he has 4 season tickets, so I am hoping he returns soon so I can be one of those 4. :D

Hey jimmy. I love the Illini.

I was a bowl hostess for the B'ham bowl (All-American Bowl?) when Illinois played Florida. I was in charge of Illinois. I got to know a few of them well and ended up dating the kicker long-distance (no pun intended :wink: ) for several months.

We stayed good friends for a few years, but we haven't talked in years now. Anyway, he took me to campus and I loved it.

I'm glad for your recent success. The Illini have some great fans. You are welcome here always. :)

welcome jimmy. I grew up in Alton, Illinois and have been an Illini fan most of my life, especially in hoops. It's nice to see Zook turning the football program around too.

Roll Tide.

Thanks for the welcome, I look forward to checking from time to time to see the progress of the football team. One thing I'd like to say there are a lot of Bama fans up here. Every so often I'll wear my Bama hat and it amazes me how many people will ask me if I am from Alabama. :D Great fans great university.

Back
Top Bottom