| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Netflix Series: The OA

Sense8 is one of the more unique series I've seen from Netflix this past year. I've enjoyed The Fall over this past holiday season as well. Paranoid isn't a bad one either.

Figure to start AO in the next few days (when time permits.)

Finished OA, what a great series. Some creative writers, some of the stuff just blew my mind.

Sense8 is awesome! Amazon dropped a 2 hour special around Christmas time (still haven't watched it yet). Definitely looking forward to season 2.

Haven't seen the other two you mentioned, will have to check those out.

The only thing I don't like about Netflix is their UI (both online and through the TV.) A month or so ago Xfinity added it to their VOD selections which has made it easier to see new releases, new episodes, new seasons, etc. Other than that option it's a pain in the ass to surf through their offerings.

They are certainly bringing in some pretty big name stars in their original series. Back before Christmas I watch the first two seasons of The Ranch with, among others, Sam Elliot, Kathy Baker, Debra Winger, Danny Masterson, Ashton Kutcher...

The Ranch never clicked with me, don't think I ever made it to the 2nd episode. However it was nice to see that someone slapped some sense into Sam Elliot again, he never looked right without his mustache on Justified.

Yeah saw it a few years ago and I'm of the opinion she looks much better as a brunette.
She was blonde in The East as well. Ellen Page is the only brunette I remember from that movie. Wait, Julie Ormond had a role as well. I recall Marling's boss in the movie as being an older blonde but I can't recall who it was (I can see her face though ... plays the Chancellor in Maze Runner trilogy.)

Well worth the time, @planomateo

I'm left wondering if I really want a S2. Based on what I've read it seems like Marling and Batmanglij have a good idea where they want to go with the series--IF it's green lit for S2.

Considering this series was three years in the making ... hell, we might be looking at 2018 for S2.

I caught your thread on Nobel ... but, I'm leaning towards Stranger Things.

Check out Occupied on Netflix as well, another Norwegian subtitled TV series...great show. (was a Netflix recommendation due to me watching Nobel). Instead of replacing an axle seal in my land cruiser, I binged this during the 3 day weekend. Replaced my axle seal this past weekend, easier than I thought it would be. $17 part, they wanted $400 for labor.

Back
Top Bottom