| NEWS ⚽ NCAA Women's Soccer Tournament~COLLEGE CUP ⚽ Alabama Soccer’s Historic Season Comes to Close with College Cup Loss to UCLA

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – No. 1 seed Alabama soccer (21-2-1) advanced to the third round of the NCAA Tournament with a 2-1 victory over the No. 8 seed Portland Pilots (12-5-4) Friday night at the Alabama Soccer Stadium. The Crimson Tide advanced to the third round of the NCAA Tournament for the first time in program history.

Riley Mattingly Parker tallied UA's first goal, collecting a penalty kick that was saved by the Portland goalkeeper to put it back into the net. About 10 minutes later, Felicia Knox fired a corner kick into the box that was deflected into goal by a Pilot defender.

From Head Coach Wes Hart

"For us to be able to play on a beautiful night with our fans in the stands and on a great field is everything. We earned the right, with the season we had, to host these games and I'm certainly glad we're home.

"Portland was a tough opponent. We knew going into it, in watching video, they were going to be organized and athletic and tough. I thought they did a good job of making it difficult for us to create chances. But I did think as the game wore on, specifically at the end of that first half, that we kind of gained a little bit of momentum and started winning the territory battle."

Back
Top Bottom