| GAME THREAD šŸˆ NCAA / SEC Games of the Week.

I've caught at least three, maybe four, of the College Football Live podcasts this week as well as a few others. Everyone of these have discussed Auburn's game; specifically Nix and hit INT's on the road.

What caught my attention this morning after hearing Galloway talk about hearing calls in the "White Out" environment was what I didn't hear mentioned. Recall, last year when Nix was tossing all of these INT's he wasn't having to fight crowd noise. I guess they're assuming all the listeners would automatically remember how road environments last season were docile. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

That seems like a pretty big thing to just assume.
I stand somewhat corrected: Todd Blackledge mentions it on SEC Now (Friday night episode.)

Do the fans yell louder in a white out, or does it just sound louder because theyā€™re all dressed in white? Iā€™m curious. In my life, I pretty much yell the same when Iā€™m excited about the play or circumstance.

Penn State is 8-8 in white out games and 2-1 versus unranked teams. Who handed them their largest margin of defeat in a white out game? The real team from Alabama (2011).

Do the fans yell louder in a white out, or does it just sound louder because theyā€™re all dressed in white? Iā€™m curious. In my life, I pretty much yell the same when Iā€™m excited about the play or circumstance.
Being at night it's always a little louder. It's the tradition as much as anything that makes it a big game; certainly looks great on TV!

Night, white out, and a 25K+ student section makes one end of that stadium very tough to play in.

I saw one of the UCF fans holding up a Big XII flag last night. Fitting, isn't it? A Big XII team losing to an ACC team; one of the "bottom half" ACC teams at that.

E_ktqDWWQAg317_

I knew most were ranked, but only 13 of the 16 opponents. ā€œ2-1 versus unranked opponentsā€ in the White Out games. Notre Dame in 2007, Iowa in 2009 and Michigan in 2010. Notre Dame was 3-9 that season and never ranked (2007). Iowa became ranked after beating Penn State in the 2009 game. Michigan was unranked and not ranked the rest of the year after the Penn State game. Beating a 16 and 19 ranked Michigan teams coached by Harbaugh and 22 ranked Illinois are a few of the less notable of the 8 wins. Why waste a good white out on a Harbaugh team? Iā€™d rather use it on an unranked Purdue or overrated Auburn or something!

My question isā€¦ If they beat the Auburn team that likely isnā€™t that good, does it become a statement White Out win? To add to the lore?

Back
Top Bottom