| PRO Namath says “Burrows is better than he ever was” … say it ain’t so Joe!

He got that nickname from a teammate who said he looked like the comic book character Dr. Death. At least that’s what I remember reading somewhere a while back. Also, I thought he was a corner? Though, I am old so my memory might be bad on both counts.
That's right, opposite HOFer Willie Brown. George Atkinson was the other safety. So the Raiders back then has a defensive backfield of Brown, Thomas, Atkinson and Tatum... and they were awesome! I've been a Raiders fan for many, many moons.

That's right, opposite HOFer Willie Brown. George Atkinson was the other safety. So the Raiders back then has a defensive backfield of Brown, Thomas, Atkinson and Tatum... and they were awesome! I've been a Raiders fan for many, many moons.
What a defensive backfield! I became a Raider’s fan because of Stabler just as I was a Jet’s fan because of Namath.

Burrow may be too into himself.
You’re right but so was Namath … especially early in his career. Like you, I prefer players who don’t act like that … but to be honest, when I was a kid, I thought what Namath did was so cool. My dad hated it though … said he had lost all the respect he had for Joe while at Bama. Anyway, now that I’m the old man it’s still shocking ever time I catch myself sounding like my dad. I definitely owe him a lot of apologies when I see him again for rolling my eyes at numerous things he said and didwhen I was young. I just recently told my youngest child, a 29 year old son, that one day he will say something or do something or wear something and all of the sudden realize “Oh Lord, that’s something my dad would have said, done or worn!”.

You’re right but so was Namath … especially early in his career. Like you, I prefer players who don’t act like that … but to be honest, when I was a kid, I thought what Namath did was so cool. My dad hated it though … said he had lost all the respect he had for Joe while at Bama. Anyway, now that I’m the old man it’s still shocking ever time I catch myself sounding like my dad. I definitely owe him a lot of apologies when I see him again for rolling my eyes at numerous things he said and didwhen I was young. I just recently told my youngest child, a 29 year old son, that one day he will say something or do something or wear something and all of the sudden realize “Oh Lord, that’s something my dad would have said, done or worn!”.

And i swore I would never do that...and like you...i catch myself ....... doing it..lol
Amazing what aging does to the person

I still find it very distasteful to prey on old people like that. My MIL is one of the ones who always believes that type of garbage and then gets taken for a ride.
Those commercials are for medicare advantage. Its not a gimmick. Thise are real benefits seniors can get free..if they live in right zip code. In an agent , i get people wanting to talk to Joe all the time. Not kidding.

Those commercials are for medicare advantage. Its not a gimmick. Thise are real benefits seniors can get free..if they live in right zip code. In an agent , i get people wanting to talk to Joe all the time. Not kidding.
After my experience with them, you must be one of the good ones. She has talked to agents a few times, and every time she says they are sending her more info but they then change her insurance company. So yeah, I am jaded as hell about them. Plus, I spent a while working at Aflac and saw how evil independent insurance agents are overall. Lying and signing people up for all kinds of things without care just to make their money.

After my experience with them, you must be one of the good ones. She has talked to agents a few times, and every time she says they are sending her more info but they then change her insurance company. So yeah, I am jaded as hell about them. Plus, I spent a while working at Aflac and saw how evil independent insurance agents are overall. Lying and signing people up for all kinds of things without care just to make their money.
You are correct. There are some grimey agents out there. Also some seniors get easily confused and dont know what they are doing.No real perfect scenario...on the phone you dont know who you are really talking to. When an agent comes into your home you take a completely different risk an ultimately have less options compared to a broker, like myself.
Im beyond compliant with all the rules of medicare. Remember 2stater? He got me into the industry.

Back
Top Bottom