| FTBL My e-mail to and from the University

G

After reading the article today about Josh Chapman, grades, Hoover, Alabama and compliance I decided to let my voice be heard. I e-mailed both our compliance director and asst. compliance director the following e-mail.

Chris,

The events being reported regarding Josh Chapman and his eligibility are very troubling. I am a graduate, supporter and fan of this fine university and as such allegations of grade changes are of great concern. Just as troubling is the response that I read in The Tuscaloosa News this morning ... "Meanwhile, Alabama is not performing an investigation because it has not been notified by Hoover of any discrepancies or alterations."

Chris, please assure me that your department is more proactive than we are being lead to believe. Anyone that has access to a newspaper or internet now knows there is a discrepancy and an alteration, so why would our compliance department be "sitting around" waiting to hear from Hoover?

I love my university, and I only want what is best for all of us. What is best in case though is a thorough investigation, and the quicker it begins the better.

Sincerely,

Sandra Taylor
UA '89

I received the following response with 30 mins. of sending the original. I don't know if that is such a good thing or not. :?

Ms. Taylor,

The media loves to withhold information or make it appear how it is not. Please understand that (1) The University has to withhold comments due to student privacy laws, and (2) Can’t investigate into another agency or institution until their own investigation is complete. We have no jurisdiction into Hoover’s affairs, and once this investigation is completed, will deal with the situation at hand. We have been in contact with necessary Hoover officials, and will take care of any issues at that time.

Thank you for your note, concern, and support.

Chris King
Associate Athletic Director
University of Alabama
323 Paul Bryant Drive
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
(205) 348-0544 (work)
cking@ia.ua.edu
www.rolltide.com

I wouldn't be too hard on our compliance people just yet. They have indicated that they are aware of the situation and are waiting to hear from Hoover H.S. There really isn't much for them to do until they hear from Hoover.

It Takes Eleven said:
Delta,

How dare you seek out information! It's borderline criminal to go directly to a source instead of blindly accepting secondhand information.

I hope this is not the start of a trend.

RTR,

Tim

Well, I just e-mailed Saban to get definitive word on the 2 deep. I'll keep you posted.

Porterhouse said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Delta,

How dare you seek out information! It's borderline criminal to go directly to a source instead of blindly accepting secondhand information.

RTR,

Tim

Well, I just e-mailed Saban to get definitive word on the 2 deep. I'll keep you posted.

:lol:

Porterhouse said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Delta,

RTR,

Tim

lmao. porter be crackin me up.

Porterhouse said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Delta,

RTR,

Tim

Let me know how that works out for you Porter, aight??!? :wink:

HeflinLady said:
Porterhouse said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Delta,

RTR,

Tim

I got a reply, but it can't be posted here thanks to our word censor. Apparently though, there is no "2-deep" yet, it is a "process".

Porterhouse said:
HeflinLady said:
Porterhouse said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Delta,

RTR,

Tim

I got a reply, but it can't be posted here thanks to our word censor. Apparently though, there is no "2-deep" yet, it is a "process".

The "Process" is "relative" to the situation.

reger60 said:
Sounds like you got a legitimate and very timely response. I'm glad that you got that much.

Funny thing was I never expected a response other than the typical "thank you for supporting the University of Alabama and thank you for sharing your concerns".

In a way it speaks volumes that he actually wrote a personal e-mail (or someone from his dept. did). Then again, me thinks maybe he should be working on more important things than addressing the opinions of alumni. :?:

BamaDelta said:
reger60 said:
Sounds like you got a legitimate and very timely response. I'm glad that you got that much.

Funny thing was I never expected a response other than the typical "thank you for supporting the University of Alabama and thank you for sharing your concerns".

In a way it speaks volumes that he actually wrote a personal e-mail (or someone from his dept. did). Then again, me thinks maybe he should be working on more important things than addressing the opinions of alumni. :?:

Whenever possible, I try to respond personally to as many e-mails that come to our company e-mail address as possible. We get tons of them and most are pretty positive. I've had numerous drummers write back and thank me for taking the time to write them back personally. The effort is usually greatly appreciated.

reger60 said:
Whenever possible, I try to respond personally to as many e-mails that come to our company e-mail address as possible. We get tons of them and most are pretty positive. I've had numerous drummers write back and thank me for taking the time to write them back personally. The effort is usually greatly appreciated.

Shoot reger, send me a nice drum kit and I'll send you a handwritten thank you not on fancy paper!

Back
Top Bottom