Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DJ Hall

• Kareem Jackson

• None of the above

• Total voters
One thing I walked away from this game was the thought of John Chavis, who has been coaching at UT for 19 years getting schooled by a guy who was a GA three years ago.

TerryP said:
One thing I walked away from this game was the thought of John Chavis, who has been coaching at UT for 19 years getting schooled by a guy who was a GA three years ago.

From the Meltdown Mode thread:

John Chavis:

Congratulations. You just got your sphincter reamed out by a 29-year old Offensive Coordinator who was a graduate assistant three years ago. Need I say more?

HeflinLady said:
TerryP said:

From the Meltdown Mode thread:

John Chavis:

Congratulations. You just got your sphincter reamed out by a 29-year old Offensive Coordinator who was a graduate assistant three years ago. Need I say more?

:lol:

That's interesting. As a general rule, I avoid meltdown threads...especially when they involve visiting UT forums...or AU forums...Gosh, this list could go on forever.

John Parker Wilson deserves it IMO. With all the criticism surrounding him the whole season and even though it stopped a little this past week, he really showed confidence in himself, in the line, and in the receivers. He truly made some HUGE plays when he scrambled and a) threw the ball away avoiding the sack, b) ran the ball for a considerable amount of yards, or c) threw the ball on the run getting a first down to a receiver down field.

The whole team really deserves it. I love it when it is hard to choose a Player of the Game because that means the WHOLE team played well enough to win it. He's not a player but damn COACH SABAN deserves a HUGE ROLL TIDE! He really played this game to win from the get go.

Overall it was a well played game. We overcame adversity like CNS always preaches. We kept confidence and came back from some mistakes and gave the VOLS an ol' fashion woodshed ass whoopin'.

I voted for Kareem Jackson.

1. I think corner is one of the most difficult positions to play.
2. Our corners did not play all that well against Ole Miss last week so it was nice to see one bounce back and make some big plays.
3. His first pick was the biggest play of the game in my opinion.

bamatommy said:
rick4bama said:
Why didn't you put all above? I would have voted that way. It about time for a team to get this MVP.

I didn't think about that. :D

AMEN, this victory was a team effort and everyone stepped up and played a vital role. If we have four quarters of football from everyone in every game from here out an SEC championship is possible. If we enjoy this game too much, we have disappointment to follow. LSU is very beatable but it will take this past Saturday's effort and then some.

The Oline all the way 2 starters out they owned the game.That's why we had 500 yrds total offense. It's also why JPW and DJ had such good games the hogs up front.

No cop out here but I would certainly go with the "Team" theme as well. Listen to what Coach Saban said in his post-game presser. He named some individuals because he was questioned about some individuals. When he spoke without being asked a question, he stated it was the players on both sides of the ball, it was special teams, the coaching staff did a great job and then he said the fans did great as well.

If that a'int TEAM, then I don't know what is? 8)

TEAM that what I'm talking about. I know I put Jackson on here in bold. That was last night after I watch the replay on that ;pu network. :D We play in all 4 qt, on both side of the ball,KO, punting.

This was a really tough decision for me. I ended up going with the O line for a couple of reasons.

First and most obvious was the GREAT protection they provided for John Parker and the huge holes they gave to Grant (who also made some great moves of his own).

Second and maybe more importantly was the whole reconfiguration of the line due to the suspension. This line could have folded, melted and gone away and had a good excuse for it. Instead...they stepped up and looked as good as any O line I have seen this season.

They gave John Parker Wilson all day. I am a BIG JPW supporter and was glad to see him have a banner day. He made great plays on his own and was actually making good reads, something we have not seen him do alot so far. JPW showed some great improvement but he also had 5 minutes for every single throw thanks to the O line.

I hope this is a sign of things to come for the rest of the season. The two sets of tigers we have to face are not paper tigers.

Everyone did an awesome job, from the first player onto the field to the last fan to leave the stadium. But I have to go with Jackson because as Chris Stewart said "we just watched a boy become a man out there". A Freshman coming into his own and earning his place at the table so to speak. This man will do great things here, and I think he realized just how big his roll on this team is. ROLL TIDE!!!! Fear the Process!!

The OL gets my vote for the performance they turned in Sat. against UT. Arguements can be made for the other choices but anyone who knows a hill of beans about football, knows the game is won or lost in the trencehs.

Reasons:
1.The big uglies do not get any glory or recoginition but if they mess up everyone sees the mistake.
2.The OL did not give up a sack if my memory is correct.
3.Playing without two starters.
3b.Playing with a makeshift line.
4. The OL is the hardest positions to play.

Call me crazy (you wouldn't be the first or last), but the MVP goes to the entire Team. The coaches showed up big time. CMA went from getting calls at midnight, to making amazing calls. The OL was hit with adversity and stepped up big time. JPW has been dogged all year and stepped up big time. DJ was primetime DJ. Was that the same Matt Caddel from two years ago? Arenas was Arenas at his best. Kareem Jackson shook off some bad outings to shut down any chance at a comeback. The "O" never let off the gas.

TEAM MVP! Roll Tide!

alabama mike said:
The OL gets my vote for the performance they turned in Sat. against UT. Arguements can be made for the other choices but anyone who knows a hill of beans about football, knows the game is won or lost in the trencehs.

Reasons:
1.The big uglies do not get any glory or recoginition but if they mess up everyone sees the mistake.
2.The OL did not give up a sack if my memory is correct.
3.Playing without two starters.
3b.Playing with a makeshift line.
4. The OL is the hardest positions to play.

I concur.

Back
Top Bottom