| NEWS More on the Our Lady of the Lake's story with LSU - $180k of stolen money to father of former LSU football player

TerryP

Staff
If you recall back in the spring it was mentioned that there would be news coming out of this case. Here's the latest.

John Paul Funes—who pleaded guilty today to stealing more than $550,000 from the Our Lady of the Lake Foundation—sent approximately $180,000 of that money to the father of Vadal Alexander, the former LSU offensive guard who played for the Tigers from 2012-2015 and was a student-athlete at the time of the payments.
Four sources have confirmed for Daily Report that Alexander’s father, James Alexander, was the recipient of the $180,000, who is referenced in the court documents only as “Individual C.”
James Alexander is a self-employed entrepreneur who lives in the Atlanta area, according to his LinkedIn and Facebook pages. Multiple attempts to reach him and Vadal Alexander, who went on to play in the NFL, most recently for the Oakland Raiders, were unsuccessful.
The Alexanders are not the only LSU-connected family to have received payments from Funes, who pleaded guilty after a 35-minute hearing this morning to one count of money laundering and one count of wire fraud in the six-year embezzlement scheme

And most of all...does anybody really care...is here any doubt that something goes on everywhere....
If you cant prove the most obvious case....Cam Newton.....one that everyone knows...and many are searching for...and nobody can prove anything....
Boom....move it on....

And most of all...does anybody really care...is here any doubt that something goes on everywhere....
If you cant prove the most obvious case....Cam Newton.....one that everyone knows...and many are searching for...and nobody can prove anything....
Boom....move it on....
You've got my brain spinning like a top here. I'm tempted to ask how you're going with "one that everyone knows" and "does anybody really care" all the while using Cam as an example. Confused me a bit. :unsure:

With this specific story ... I know I've mentioned or pointed to it a few times the last three or four months. I don't know how much you've kept up with OLOTL bit; it really broke in November of last year. Just as a quick synopsis, here's a Federal trial with evidence submitted.

What's missed about this and Wade is simple; optics. We're now looking at two of their major sports programs that are in the sites of the NCAA with some pretty damning evidence we've seen.

Optics. The NCAA realizes what their perception is right now. Fans have made that very clear; rightfully so in some cases. However, we still have to look at this through the lens we saw used with USC and Reggie Bush. Evidence, that went to expose two major sports there as well.

The NCAA is investigating both programs. There is now evidence of violations with both programs. I don't see it ending well because of how clear cut both of these stories are.

Now this is more of an opinion here but it does go back to the original point. The optics. While folks at LSU considered the hire of Woodward as a sign of the school "circling their wagons" and believed it to be a good thing I believe the NCAA looks at it the same way, but takes it as a sign of guilt. Offensive versus defensive posturing, if you will.

On another note:

Yahoo! clearly has their teeth sunk into the LSU situation with Forde, Thamel, and Wetzel all involved with their coverage.

YOU'VE GOT MY BRAIN SPINNING LIKE A TOP HERE.

The NCAA is investigating both programs. There is now evidence of violations with both programs. I don't see it ending well because of how clear cut both of these stories are.

LIKE NORTH CAROLINA and MIAMI?

Seems pretty common these days! Lol. In a good way of course!

Ah, but here you're talking two, well three, completely different stories that have nothing in common.

UNC did nothing wrong according to the bylaws of the NCAA. That's the entire story.

Miami and their case has nothing to do with LSU. Nothing to do with any of these schools. The NCAA was not feeding the federal attorneys questions for the OLOTL or the basketball trials.

RemotePleasantBluebird-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom