| CURRENT EVENTS Memphis powder keg?

You live near Perry County area? Got some family in that Area. I live about 30 mins west of Nashville myself now.
The nearest town of size to us is Jackson. Moved here 4 years ago to be closer to the wife’s family. A big change of pace from Charlotte! I used to own some land on the river in Perry County but sold it about 2 years ago. Had it since 2006 and it was too dang hard to get to!

Well, I'll give the people of Memphis credit... I thought there was a 10/10 chance all hell was going to break loose last night. Good on them for keeping things mostly civil.
I second that! Very impressive that the protesters kept it peaceful last night. I was wrong in my assumption and I’m glad I was wrong.

I am eager, I think many are, to hear more about the “why” in this case. There was something linking at least one of those cops to this young man. I sure hope it comes out.

Street Crimes Operation to Restore Peace in Our Neighborhoods
Whomever came up with the name had to realize that we are getting into military style naming and it might lead to a SpecOps/BlackOps style of doing things. Apparently that is almost exactly what happened with the group. Multiple reports of them yanking people out of cars with no justification (just like the recent video shows) and violating people's rights left and right. It is also being reported that a lot of the members were not hired by the PD but by the City through a separate process. Recipe for disaster and it happened.

Whomever came up with the name had to realize that we are getting into military style naming and it might lead to a SpecOps/BlackOps style of doing things.
As a contrast, former NY Inspector makes the same point about the NYPD:

There’s a rumor (from a media guy with connections at MPD) that he hooked up with one of the officer’s ex wives, but who the hell knows.

That was like a gang beating
So, the dude attacked started dating a cop's ex girlfriend.. not ex wife. they just started talking and dating.... and cop was over jealous... there's reason to why the cop and girlfriend broke up... because of his anger issue. He used his cop buddy to beat the guy's ass... and the EMS was on it too.

As a contrast, former NY Inspector makes the same point about the NYPD:

We set our cops up as a paramilitary force that in many cases is almost treated as untouchable. They have no requirement to know the laws they enforce, no requirement to protect the public, and often face little to no punishment for actions that would have civilians in jail for their natural life. Now many places are lowering the requirements for employment in order to fill depleted ranks. Is it surprising that the police force is becoming such a problem to the public? There are good and bad cops, but more and more we see that even the good cops will try to protect the bad ones.

Back
Top Bottom