| FTBL Memories....

Bamapossum

Verified Member
Let's step into the wayback machine and examine the year it was...

Richard Nixon was the President of the United States and he wasn't on the impeachment docket yet...

The Rolling Stones ended the decade with a bloody concert at Altamont where Hell's Angels killed a couple of concert attendees...

Vietnam was still rolling on, although opposition was at its peak...

Senator Edward Kennedy plead guilty to leaving the scene of the accident where Mary Jo Kopechne drowned...

Apollo 11 astronauts, John Glenn and Buzz Aldrin walked on the Moon...

The New York Jets, lead by upstart Joe Namath defeated a highly favored Baltimore team in the Super Bowl...

More than half a million people gathered in upstate New York for a little shindig they called "Woodstock"....

"Sesame Street" is introduced by the Children's Television Workshop...

The record of the year was "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon and Garfunkel...

Midnight Cowboy, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and Easy Rider all hit the big screen...

In East Central Alabama, a great young man was in utero as of November, he would be born in July of the following year. He would later gain fame as BamaPossum on numerous internet forums... :)

And...Vanderbilt University defeated the Alabama Crimson Tide in Nashville for the last time on October the 11th by a score of 14-10...

That's right, the year was 1969, and although Vanderbilt has beaten Alabama in Alabama since then, they have not defeated the Crimson Tide on their own turf since.

Let's hope the tradition continues...

Roll Tide!

Bamapossum said:
How did I lose over 400 and something posts to become a starter?

Just curious. I was All American.

Guess I slipped in Fall Camp.

The post above this one qualifies you as a Heisman IMO BP.

Bama1966 said:
Nice post man, your a All American again. :lol:

I just want to thank all the coaches and moderators who believed in me and pushed me to write better posts. I want to thank the other posters for not working as hard. I want to thank my mother for having such a great son, and I just want to give God all the glory for this comeback.

Bamapossum said:
Bama1966 said:
Nice post man, your a All American again. :lol:

I just want to thank all the coaches and moderators who believed in me and pushed me to write better posts. I want to thank the other posters for not working as hard. I want to thank my mother for having such a great son, and I just want to give God all the glory for this comeback.
LMAO....cheater, have you been tested for steroids? You are the Barry of the posters.... :shock:

Just because I gained two helmet sizes does not mean I am on the juice.

I attribute my success to clean living, faith, a good thesaurus, and the new Feng Shui approach to organizing my computer desk.

Back
Top Bottom