| FTBL McElroy

BAMAFSTBACK said:
John Parker is an outstanding player. I can't believe this talk is even coming up right now. I've been a strong believer in him since he was backing up Brodie. Remember the drive at Auburn?

In the fashion of the Britney fan.............

"Leave John Parker alone!!!!!!!!"

I'm not calling for a change, but since you brought up aubrun, didn't he just throw that thing up for grabs, looking for a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow?

QB always gets the attention, but if our recruiting remains strong, you're going to see more and more younger guys taking spots from prior year starters (Prince Hall, for example).

RTR,

Tim

JPW has had to learn a new system. I don't think he has had time to get comfortable with Saban/Applewhite. But see its been so long since we had a good coach that yall have forgotten a few things. Good teams get BETTER as the season goes along. I know that yall are used to our usual season ending implosion, but thats over folks. Nick Saban makes 4 mill a year and I think he probably has the best QB in.

After suffering through Brodie being fragile, if nothing else, I love that JPW is tough as a tank. McElroy has not proven that of himself.

That said, I love the McElroy kid but feel that JPW is very close to being what we need him to be as a QB.

BAMAFSTBACK said:
John Parker is an outstanding player. I can't believe this talk is even coming up right now. I've been a strong believer in him since he was backing up Brodie. Remember the drive at Auburn?

Remember the two fumbles that cost us the Auburn game last year. Remember the lackluster performance Saturday until the 4th quarter?

LBS said:
After suffering through Brodie being fragile, if nothing else, I love that JPW is tough as a tank. McElroy has not proven that of himself.

That said, I love the McElroy kid but feel that JPW is very close to being what we need him to be as a QB.

I do like JPW's toughness. He just needs to stop sailing the ball. It is not all of his fault. I believe we need to stick with the run more at times. Mix it up a little more. He probably is the best thing we have right now.

Bones82 said:
BAMAFSTBACK said:

Remember the two fumbles that cost us the Auburn game last year. Remember the lackluster performance Saturday until the 4th quarter?

You mean the two fumbles when a D-end came free backside? I remember those.

I also remember he set the all-time single season passing record last year.

Do you remember when Lincoln Logs came with the cardboard roofs? Those things didn't last, did they?

RTR,

Tim

I'm observing an Emoticon Free Day!

JP is the starter. No question.

He is experienced and can make the throws, he just needs to calm down and get into a groove.

If he can get into a steady groove, complete short passes, and hold on to the ball.....we will win 8 or 9 this year.

I really just hope that he feels pressure from others, notably McElroy.

As long as JP feels like he has something to prove then I think we're in good shape. I almost feel like he thought he already proved himself against Arkansas, but he hasn't proven himself until we play Auburn.

I'm behind JP, but like I said nothing is given out for free on an Alabama team and he shouldn't take his role for granted. He is still young of course, and most of these problems will hopefully be corrected in the future. I'm sure he is aware of them--I just hope he feels a sense of urgency.

Seems like after the Vandy game he responded to questions about his passing game with responses like, "We won the game didn't we?" and I've read other similar responses.

Against UGA: 3/15 in 3rd down conversions????????? Not good.

porkchop said:
TerryP said:
BamaDelta said:
TerryP said:
If you saw them standing next to each other, with the exception of the red hair, you would be seeing two players that practically look alike.

Uhhh, don't think so. :wink: :D

http://www.rolltide.com/ViewArticle...11&DB_OEM_ID=8000&ATCLID=511941&Q_SEASON=2007

http://www.rolltide.com/ViewArticle...11&DB_OEM_ID=8000&ATCLID=511986&Q_SEASON=2007

They don't even sit on the same bus. :lol: GM and NF are on bus #2 with the D.

OK, let me put this more clearly. In pads...'bout the same height, same weight, etc.

http://tximg.ny.publicus.com/apps/p...Ref=PH&Item=7&Q=80&maxw=700&maxH=450&border=0

http://tximg.ny.publicus.com/apps/p...Ref=PH&Item=6&Q=80&maxw=700&maxH=450&border=0

LOL! I was going to say that I think Terry was talking about generalities there. :lol:

Chop, surely you know my humor by now. :D

Back
Top Bottom