Alabama's number 1 receiver next year

• Earl Alexander

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mike Mccoy

• other

• Total voters
Provided the OL improves, JPW will be afforded the opportunity to check-down further through his progressions when needed...spreading out the receptions.

Provided the OL improves, the TE will emerge more as a receiving threat...as will the RBs.

All this said, I am hoping that break-out pass catcher this year will be the TE. However the breakout Receiver this year I suspect will be McCoy, but I suspect his numbers will not be significantly different than the next best.

Kc said:
Are TE considered receivers? lol You would not know it from our last 6-7 years of offense
Hey buddy, I do know our offense didn't look the tight end corp as a receiver threat in last years... but now, with McElwain running our offense, seems that factor could be exploited often. Times are changing.

RTR,

Walker was our 4th leading receiver last year.

Hall had 67.
Caddell 40.
McCoy 28.
Walker 23.

What ya want to bet Walker has more than that halfway through the season?

TerryP said:

Hall had 67.
Caddell 40.
McCoy 28.
Walker 23.

Heck, I didn't know we threw to him that much...but we'll almost surely see more then 23 mid-season.

firestorm said:
Kc said:
Are TE considered receivers? lol You would not know it from our last 6-7 years of offense
Hey buddy, I do know our offense didn't look the tight end corp as a receiver threat in last years... but now, with McElwain running our offense, seems that factor could be exploited often. Times are changing.

RTR,

Hey Buddy?
Notice I didn't take a jab at the future...friend.

TerryP said:

Hall had 67.
Caddell 40.
McCoy 28.
Walker 23.

I am hoping it will be spread around and all our TE's WR's are involved. That would be a good thing. Someone will come out as the go to guy.

Kc said:
firestorm said:
Kc said:

RTR,

Hey Buddy?

He's not your friend, guy!! :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoqrPiAq8cA[/youtube]

Tider27 said:
Kc said:
firestorm said:
Kc said:

RTR,

Hey Buddy?

He's not your friend, guy!! :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoqrPiAq8cA[/youtube]

LOL I am not your GUY....friend!!!

Funny you got that Chris. I was actually thinking about that episode :lol:

B@MA GUY in NC said:
I voted other...although a single back might not be the leading guy, I think collectively they may be #1 in total yards and receptions.

Here's what I see that may throw a wrench into that thought.

Considering we are moving away from running a FB in this offense and in those situations we'll use a TE as our blocking back it's going to be hard to quantify which group leads the team. Even if we pass to a TE coming out of the backfield it'll still be listed as a reception of a receiver, not a back.

One thing I think we could call a guarantee. We won't see the numbers so lopsided like we did last year. I would not be shocked, at all, if we had between 8-11 different guys with receptions for TD's next season. FWIW, we had 7 different guys last year. DJ with 6, KB with 5, and the rest of the guys with 2 or less.

jocephus8179 said:
porkchop said:
Outlaw said:
porkchop said:
You're thinking Maze or Hanks?

Yussir. I'm thinking Hanks.

Hanks has certainly come in and made his mark. I hope he does extremely well. I think he's going to eventually be something special. Maybe not this season (or maybe this season. never know) but he'll be a force to contend with when it's all said and done.

He kinda reminds me of Caddell.

Not a bad thing. Caddell made some big time catches in his career.

Back
Top Bottom