| FTBL Mac and Tua

From an article...read earlier

When asked by talking heads/ writers to pick between Mac n Tua ...which QB they preferred....
Both Smith n Waddle picked Mac..

In much earlier discussions.....In this forum...Namath vs Tua was discussed as greatest ( i think)...maybe most exciting... of Bamas QB... ( from way different eras and football offensive strategies)

But 2 of Bamas greatest receivers picking Mac as their preferred... threw me...

Going to stadium...and excitement of them taking the snap...I still have Namath....but Tua Was just as exciting..but Mac and that offense......( and in some-sense AJ)...wow

This is just me talking out of my butt.......and not to totally divert the subject. Going along with @UAgrad93. NFL QB's seem to be hit and miss. I know that sounds obvious, but what makes guys like Brady, Brees, or Rogers amazing? How do guys like Flacco or Dalton make and guys like AJ are relegated to being career back ups?

I know I look at AJ through crimson colored glasses, but I honestly thought he was every bit as good, if not better than Dalton when he was at Cincy.
The NFL is a business and right as AJ was getting his chance, the Bengals made a huge investment in Dalton. They spent all that money and were gonna make sure they got their money's worth. I really feel like guys like AJ, and I think Jones would fit in that category, it is all about timing and fit. If you get somewhere that doesn't have the money to spend on a prime QB, then they are willing to take the time to allow a QB to develop and they can grow into the starter role and have a good career. It appears that timing and a team willing to allow a rookie to grow are the 2 biggest keys I see for a lot of these guys being able to make it in the NFL as a QB.

This is just me talking out of my butt.......and not to totally divert the subject. Going along with @UAgrad93. NFL QB's seem to be hit and miss. I know that sounds obvious, but what makes guys like Brady, Brees, or Rogers amazing? How do guys like Flacco or Dalton make and guys like AJ are relegated to being career back ups?

I know I look at AJ through crimson colored glasses, but I honestly thought he was every bit as good, if not better than Dalton when he was at Cincy.
The NFL is a business and right as AJ was getting his chance, the Bengals made a huge investment in Dalton. They spent all that money and were gonna make sure they got their money's worth. I really feel like guys like AJ, and I think Jones would fit in that category, it is all about timing and fit. If you get somewhere that doesn't have the money to spend on a prime QB, then they are willing to take the time to allow a QB to develop and they can grow into the starter role and have a good career. It appears that timing and a team willing to allow a rookie to grow are the 2 biggest keys I see for a lot of these guys being able to make it in the NFL as a QB.

I think you answered your own question. It's a business, and a lot of times these guys like Dalton sign big time contracts and these owners want them playing over a smaller contract to try and extract some value. Carson Wentz is another example. Rarely do you see a situation like that where that guy is traded after a big contract, but they played him with a good option in Hurts right there. Same with Dalton and McCarron in Cincinnati. That's my thoughts atleast, but yes, I always question it myself. For as smart, wealthy, and successful as owners and GM's are, they sure look dumb A LOT.

I think you answered your own question. It's a business, and a lot of times these guys like Dalton sign big time contracts and these owners want them playing over a smaller contract to try and extract some value. Carson Wentz is another example. Rarely do you see a situation like that where that guy is traded after a big contract, but they played him with a good option in Hurts right there. Same with Dalton and McCarron in Cincinnati. That's my thoughts atleast, but yes, I always question it myself. For as smart, wealthy, and successful as owners and GM's are, they sure look dumb A LOT.

Hell don’t forget they sent Foles down the road and kept Wentz also

Back
Top Bottom