| FTBL Bryce vs Mac

What you think if there would have been a spring session in 2020...

Would BY beat out Mac? ( not crashing Mac.....he is and was awesome)

Imagine BY with the receivers Tua n Mac had....Waddle, Smith, Ruggs, Jeudy ( all first rounders)

BY is the Namath of present days... so much better than the competition!

Just a thought

Maybe I missed something but Mac was and is a pretty special QB too. Even with Spring ball I think Mac’s maturity (and talent) would have given him the edge. Plus, there’s literally no telling how Bryce would have performed without the benefit of watching Mac everyday … from how he prepared to how he practiced to how he lead and how he handled success and adversity. That year in my opinion was invaluable to Bryce and a big part of how he’s performing this season.

Maybe I missed something but Mac was and is a pretty special QB too. Even with Spring ball I think Mac’s maturity (and talent) would have given him the edge. Plus, there’s literally no telling how Bryce would have performed without the benefit of watching Mac everyday … from how he prepared to how he practiced to how he lead and how he handled success and adversity. That year in my opinion was invaluable to Bryce and a big part of how he’s performing this season.
Agree, this gave BY time to adjust to the college game w/o the pressure of being a starter as a freshmen. Could he have done it? I am sure he could have but as evidence by how Jones played in 2020 and how he is playing now hard to believe he would not have started. Jones was really good plus CNS is loyal to people that do things the right way and are upperclassmen.

When Bryce was inserted in relief of Mac, IMO he wasn't too sure in his reads. In other words, Mac would have beat him out.

I belong to a Bama fans chat group on fb; a former player's dad is a member of the group (he's not very active; he's just a neighbor of one the admins). 2020 spring and summer, we aaaaaaallllllll thought this was Bryce Young's team to take as a true freshman. He had all the accolades, and we hadn't really seen much of anything from Mac Jones. The dad basically told us to f*** ourselves because we didn't know what we were talking about. Mac Jones was leading the team exceptionally well. This (2020) team was Mac Jones' team to lead.

Damn...He was 100% spot on, wasn't he? Same as @OldPlayer is here.

Here's something to think about, had Sark stayed one more year to coach Young, What's the odd that the stats Young has this year would be the same under Sark? I personally think it would be very similar number.

What you think if there would have been a spring session in 2020...

Would BY beat out Mac? ( not crashing Mac.....he is and was awesome)

Imagine BY with the receivers Tua n Mac had....Waddle, Smith, Ruggs, Jeudy ( all first rounders)

BY is the Namath of present days... so much better than the competition!

Just a thought
Good analogy with Namath. Saw him play many times (I was in school there when he arrived) but the game that stands out in my mind in that respect was the opening game against UGA his senior season in 1964. Looked like a man playing against boys. FWIW, that was Vince Dooley's first game as HC at UGA.

I don’t think Max gets the credit he deserves because of the playmakers we had last year. Dude is one of the best to play at UA in my opinion and he could flat out sling the ball, probably better than any we’ve had lately at least

Back
Top Bottom