| FTBL Luke Fickell Press Conference after Alabama | "That was an Ass Whipping"

IMO, we didn’t bludgeon them like did teams in the early Saban era. CNS was the reason offense given certain liberties, using hands, running plays before defense was set or subbing, OL men down field on passing plays. Had football stayed the same as circa 2009, we would have 2-3 more NC trophies.

I’ll have to go back and watch the replay but it didn’t look or feel like the an ass whoopin. The talent level was the difference.
They could not stop us but I get your thoughts here. Even though they only scored 10 points our DL struggled at times. I think our offense controlled their defense for the most part. Lots of explosive plays.

Same.

Side note (to this comment, but circling back to the OP)

I actually have a ton of respect for Fickell. Wasn't his first big moment under the big spotlight as a coach was to take over for JoePa after the Sandusky fallout?

I mean, who wants to sign up for THAT task?
Did you see him yelling "fuck" on the sidelines? SEC Final has it right after Jam runs up the middle. (something someone may have suggested.)

Same.

Side note (to this comment, but circling back to the OP)

I actually have a ton of respect for Fickell. Wasn't his first big moment under the big spotlight as a coach was to take over for JoePa after the Sandusky fallout?

I mean, who wants to sign up for THAT task?
I thought it was Tom Bradley who took over during the Paterno fiasco, and then they hired Bill O'Brien.

Fickell was the DC under Jim Tressell and became the interim HC after he was fired. He remained as the DC under Urban until he took over for Cincinnati.

I thought it was Tom Bradley who took over during the Paterno fiasco, and then they hired Bill O'Brien.

Fickell was the DC under Jim Tressell and became the interim HC after he was fired. He remained as the DC under Urban until he took over for Cincinnati.
Same here I did not think Fickell had anything to do with Penn State.

Back
Top Bottom