| MBB/WBB LSU women feeling disrespected by UofSC's loss? (But yeah, Clark did, well, just dismiss UofSC's shooting skills.)

About six or seven weeks ago, when we were looking forward to and talking about the brackets and the SEC tourney @252BAMA mentioned Iowa being in one of Bama's brackets. In that thread I mentioned Caitlin Clark was the best story coming out of Iowa.

She hasn't disappointed. And this IS saying, "No. I don't respect or fear your shooting."

Griner was on scholarship at a private Baptist college. They have rules, and they are within their rights to have them. Mulkey has chosen to stay out of the mix when it comes to player sexuality, again her right
Now we're getting back to the crux of my thoughts on Mulkey, @50+yeartidefan

Knowing all these things, why was she offered a scholarship is one question that comes to mind. Is it a fair view to say she thought, "I want you for this (basketball,) but I don't want that so cover it up." While I'm noting both agreed to be in that situation I pause at Mulkey's handling of the whole thing. (And let's admit, Baylor wasn't registering on the integrity, "private Baptist college," scale.)

When 50+ suggested her hire at UA my response was "she's bat shit crazy" and makes questionable decisions. I didn't want that around UA.

I never denied her coaching ability. But good lord...we've already got one Ms. Big Al mascot. I digress ...

Now we're getting back to the crux of my thoughts on Mulkey, @50+yeartidefan

Knowing all these things, why was she offered a scholarship is one question that comes to mind. Is it a fair view to say she thought, "I want you for this (basketball,) but I don't want that so cover it up." While I'm noting both agreed to be in that situation I pause at Mulkey's handling of the whole thing. (And let's admit, Baylor wasn't registering on the integrity, "private Baptist college," scale.)

When 50+ suggested her hire at UA my response was "she's bat shit crazy" and makes questionable decisions. I didn't want that around UA.

I never denied her coaching ability. But good lord...we've already got one Ms. Big Al mascot. I digress ...
You won't otherwise hear me defending Mulkey...

Technically, yes, in its original usage. Here, I'm using it to describe a dislike for a culture. I'd have to hit Dictionary.com to get the precise definition. I'm thinking there's a few things that fall under its definition today.

When Griner was "stepping out on her own" at Baylor Mulkey took exception to some of her "body art" forcing her to wear clothes to cover these tattoo's. She carried a disdain for what Griner was expressing. I don't believe that's right.

Fear, distrust, dislike, disdain, hatred, strangers, foreign, cultures, beliefs ... ⬅️ guesses at key words for Xenophobe.
I don't think the First Amendment applies because Baylor is a private school.

Point taken. It might be argued but private vs state funded looks like a line of demarcation.

She's a coach a lot like Richt where the drapes don't match the carpet.
Like Ritcht...lol....she flowing with NCs...nothing like MR

But back to earlier...
....A...i know Bama wasnt hiring a female HC....for mens bball...was having fun withthat...
But...still...she is a winner..proven
....B...she is......by the way she dresses..."bat shit crazy"...like many CF bball coaches..
....C...i wonder by not defending KM....if its because she at a major opponent...probably
....D..if Gainer knew KM stance on stuff...and she did...then why show up or play...go elsewhere..or transfer..

Anyway...enough....of all this...

22678989-DD9B-4849-9EBC-D6ADE4E7816F.png

Back
Top Bottom