| FTBL LSU week ...

TerryP

Staff
I understand that one of the LSU site's is reporting Wingo (DT) is out for Saturday.

“They took four transfer corners this offseason with the hope of all four of them contributing in a big way,” The Bengal Tiger’s Shea Dixon said on the Andy Staples On3 show. “They only returned one scholarship corner from last year’s team, who only played on special teams. He had no cornerback starts or reps a year ago.”
So with four transfers at the position, you’d figure the Tigers would be fine, right?
Not so fast. A combination of injuries and off-the-field issues have whittled the numbers down to where it’s possible none of the four even suit up against Alabama this week.
“They took JK Johnson out of Ohio State. In the fall he had season-ending surgery, so he was out from the start,” Dixon said. “Denver Harris, Texas A&M, a guy who had been suspended half the year with the Aggies, has already been in and out of what Brian Kelly calls availability in games this year. This past week, or two weeks ago, I should say, did not see playing time.
“And Duce Chestnut, from Syracuse, who was an All-ACC performer a year ago when they took him, also in the doghouse of sorts. Brian Kelly has not gone into too much detail but has said both of them are on the team, are on scholarship, but are not practicing and are not available.
“You get to the fourth guy in Zy Alexander, the one guy who’s been the consistent one, the eight starts and leading the team and every corner in rep snap count this year, in a meaningless game, which this happens, but against Army, you’re blowing them out, it’s halftime. He picks off a Hail Mary pass, basically, tries to return it and he gets injured. And now Brian Kelly has said he’s going to be out at least a few weeks. That means he’s probably not playing against Alabama.”
In other words: Disaster scenario for LSU at cornerback, potentially.

Bet we will see Harris playing this weekend due to no depth at CB. Even then I wouldn't be surprised to see LSU playing coverage defense to hide their issues at CB position.

So in another word we should be able to run the ball against them averaging 5 yards per carries.

Bet we will see Harris playing this weekend due to no depth at CB. Even then I wouldn't be surprised to see LSU playing coverage defense to hide their issues at CB position.
Add to this a bit ...

If they're thinking of using LB's in coverage ... are they going to have a spy on Jalen?
Breaking News: I'm an efficiency guy. :devilish:

When we look at Bama the offensive efficiency numbers are were the teams biggest weakness is found. On the flip side, when you look at LSU their biggest weakness has been defensive efficiency. If you compare the two, it's a bigger problem with LSU than Bama.

1From BK's press conference just now:
  • Duce Chestnut, Denver Harris and Zy Alexander not available for the game. Ashton Stamps will practice today.
  • Mekhi Wingo had surgery and is out for at least six weeks.
  • Emery Jones has been practicing and is expected to play against Alabama.

So originally I thought Denver would play but after seeing that report, I'm inclined to believe with Terry's suggestion that they could try and spy Milroe and thinking they still don't respect the passing game... I think we'll have a good game this weekend.

We have the potential to beat LSU something like 45-3. Whether or not we do is another story, but the potential is there. We are only a 4 point favorite. Shit....even if we dick around for a half or more....we will cover that. Of course, it'll go up before Saturday

Back
Top Bottom